Banking agencies are planning to provide guidance on cryptocurrency after understanding the risks better, FDIC head said. German online bank N26 is planning to launch crypto trading in Austria. South African financial regulator has said that crypto platforms must be licensed in 2023. The U.S. has sued a crypto "mixer" to recover $60 million government penalty.
Why You Should Be Excited For A Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC)
- The head of the FDIC says that banking agencies will provide guidance on cryptocurrency after getting a better understanding of the risks involved.
- German online bank N26 is set to launch cryptocurrency trading in Austria.
- The South African financial regulator has said that crypto platforms must be licensed in 2023.
- The US has sued a crypto 'mixer' in an effort to recover a $60 million government penalty.
- This article compares the two investing apps Robinhood and Acorns.
- US stocks are mixed as investors weigh a batch of corporate earnings alongside labor market and manufacturing data.
- A conservative superhero movie project has ended in all the money vanishing.
- The author warns that anyone investing in Web3 is likely to lose their money.
- The budget for a Confederate fanboy's racist movie has been stolen by a crypto scammer.
- Joe Biden's focus on marijuana is part of the problem, according to the author.
- The author says that Big Tech's vision for the metaverse is weak and outlines what it needs.
- This article explains what DeFi lending is and how it works.
- This article explains what crypto market sentiment is and how it works.
- The author asks if Azuki's 24k skateboards will become the IRL NFT gold standard.
- Celsius customers will battle investors for money from mining rigs.
- DeFi has a bigger problem than hackers, according to the author.
- This Bloomberg Wealth article says that a Social Security hike spells trouble for younger workers.
- Despite crypto volatility declining, this token just surged 7.5% today.
- Silvergate Capital has increased its crypto client base in Q3 2022.
- The author asks if investors should be worried about STEPN.
- Could Cardano ever become the next Ethereum?
- This is the Digiday 2022 Media Agency Report, which looks at the state and future of the media agency, client spending, staffing and beyond.
- The billionaire CEO of FTX crypto exchange has a solid solution to sanctions.
- The author profiles the VC making a $100 million investment in Web3 infrastructure.
- FBI agents who shut down Silk Road are helping agencies like ICE and the DOJ trace crypto.
- The author explains why you should be excited for a central bank digital currency (CBDC).
- Ethereum's 'merge' is still a dud for investors, according to the author.
- Rarible is looking to enlarge its NFT marketplace with a new aggregator feature.
- The author outlines how to "free the funds" for development, which is the trillion dollar question leaders should be grappling with.
Banking agencies to provide guidance on crypto after better understanding risks- FDIC head
Banking regulators expect to provide industry guidance to financial institutions on crypto-related activities once agencies better understand the associated risks, said the acting chairman of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.
U.S. sues crypto 'mixer' to recover $60 million government penalty
The U.S. Justice Department on Wednesday sued the indicted founder of a cryptocurrency "mixer" to recover a $60 million civil penalty that was imposed on him in 2020 by U.S. financial regulators for alleged failures to maintain an effective anti-money launder…
Conservative superhero movie project ends in all the money vanishing
Will Sommer reports on the comical and criminal failure of an "anti-woke" superhero movie project, about a character created by Theodore "Vox Day" Beale. The money raised is missing and one of the people involved is facing federal indictment: "I wouldn't coun…
Budget for Confederate fanboy's racist movie stolen by a crypto scammer
The Daily Beast shares this story of assholes stealing from assholes. A misogynist who fantasizes about the Confederacy was trying to make a movie but picked a crypto scammer as his financier. Bad Idea! Ultimately, we are better off if this racist fantasy…
Will Azuki’s 24k Skateboards Become the IRL NFT Gold Standard?
“In crypto, there’s a concept I like to call ‘culture lag,’” Zagabond told Highsnobiety, giving the example of Supreme: it’s not the label’s hyped drops that’s driving streetwear, but its adherence to skate culture. “The NFT space has become so much about fli…
Digiday 2022 Media Agency Report: The state and future of the media agency, client spending, staffing and beyond
Digiday’s first annual media agency report examines the current and future state of the media agency, including client spending (within media channels and by client categories) and agencies’ own investments in staffing and practice areas.
The Queens Of Crypto: The VC Making A $100 Million Investment In Web3 Infrastructure
Crypto VC Emma Cui started her career in banking and now runs the leading web3 accelerator in all of Asia. She believes that now is an optimal time to invest in companies building the foundation that will shape the future of decentralized finance (DeFi.)
How To “Free The Funds” For Development: The Trillion Dollar Question Leaders Should Be Grappling With
Ending extreme poverty and achieving the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals is possible, and is estimated to run in the range of $2.5-4.2 trillion. In order to do so, we need philanthropy, private wealth, and public finance institutions like the World Bank to…