It has been a busy day in the news with a lot of different stories from around the world. Here are some of the top stories from today.
Flights canceled to turn skies silent for Queen's funeral, stocks tumble after FedEx warns of global recession
- Flights are canceled in order to make the skies silent for the Queen's funeral.
- It is opinionated that King Charles shouldn't abandon his key commitment.
- Stocks tumble after FedEx warns of a global recession.
- Four-Seven-Eight breathing is a method that could help you sleep and what to know about it.
- The son of Sweetie Pie's owner is found guilty in a murder-for-hire plot to kill nephew.
- A tropical storm watch has been issued for the US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico as Fiona approaches.
- Iran inches closer to Russia and China as nuclear talks falter.
- Wegmans ends self-checkout app after too much shoplifting has occurred.
- The actors from "The Crown" Claire Foy and Olivia Colman reflect on playing Queen Elizabeth.
- The powerful motivator behind workers who want more is explored.
- A CNN reporter rips objections to the new "The Little Mermaid" movie.
- Rosie O'Donnell reflects on the time she felt hurt by Ellen DeGeneres.
- A judge appoints a special master in Mar-a-Lago case and rejects DOJ request to revive criminal probe.
- What Britain looked like the last time a monarch died is explored.
- Communities along Alaska's western coast are expected to face hurricane-force wind gusts and flooding Friday.
- Five banks in Lebanon held up by depositors demanding access to savings.
- A major fire breaks out at a 42-story skyscraper in Changsha, China.
- Putin praises China's "balanced position" on the Ukraine war while Xi has no comment.
- 70 years later, China and South Korea exchange the remains of Korean war dead.
- The surprising history of Sentosa, Singapore's staycation island.
- The British pound hits a 37-year low as the UK economy skids.
- Photos offer a rare look at unique animals lost to history.
- Liz Cheney tells CNN why she's worried about some GOP candidates running for office.
- "I wish this day would have never come": The world of sport reacts to Roger Federer's retirement.
- Analysis: Ron DeSantis' performative politics.
- Local politicians team up to challenge Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- An ex-CIA officer calls judge's ruling in Trump case "silly".
- Chrissy Teigen says she's come to understand her miscarriage was actually abortion that saved her life.
- Donations poured in and volunteers who rushed to help: Here's how Martha's Vineyard communities responded to the arrival of migrants.
- Opinion: DeSantis is taking a cruel page from history.
Opinion: King Charles shouldn't abandon his key commitment
For more than half a century, the last Prince of Wales worked tirelessly to raise environmental awareness around the world. As king, Charles has said he will abandon any political activity, including on global warming. But climate expert Joseph Romm writes th…
Jury finds son of Sweetie Pie's owner guilty in murder-for-hire plot to kill nephew
After over 17 hours of deliberations, the jury in the trial of the son of Robbie Montgomery, reality TV star and owner of Sweetie Pie's restaurant, who was charged with commissioning a murder-for-hire plot that killed his teenage nephew in 2016, issued a guil…
A tropical storm watch has been issued for the US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico as Fiona approaches
Tropical Storm Fiona is moving west and will begin unleashing tropical storm winds (winds 39 mph or higher), rain and waves over the Leeward Islands by Friday evening, the National Hurricane Center said Friday morning.
READ: Judge appoints special master in Mar-a-Lago case and rejects DOJ request to revive criminal probe
US District Judge Aileen Cannon on Thursday selected federal senior Judge Raymond Dearie to serve as special master to review the materials seized in the FBI's search of former President Donald Trump's Florida residence and resort.
Communities along Alaska's western coast are expected to face hurricane-force wind gusts and flooding Friday
A powerful storm packing hurricane-force wind gusts is expected to bring torrential rain and enormous waves to Alaska's west coast this weekend, threatening to cause major flooding and beach erosion.
Putin praises China's 'balanced position' on Ukraine war while Xi has no comment
President Vladimir Putin addressed China's questions and concerns about the war in Ukraine during a regional summit on Thursday. This is the first time Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping have met since Russia's invasion over six months ago. CNN's Ivan Wat…
70 years later, China and South Korea exchange the remains of Korean war dead
The Chinese and South Korean soldiers stood face to face, the wind whipping through their ranks and their national flags flapping in the gusts. A Chinese military transport jet nearby on the runway of Incheon International Airport opened its rear door to rece…
The surprising history of Sentosa, Singapore's staycation island
Fifty years ago this September, the nascent country of Singapore formed the Singapore Development Corporation (SDC), which -- as its name indicates -- was designed to transform a then rural, mostly uninhabited island into an urban playground.
Liz Cheney tells CNN why she's worried about some GOP candidates running for office
CNN's Jake Tapper examines new details and conducts exclusive interviews to answer the questions surrounding former President Trump's level of involvement in the January 6th insurrection. "American Coup: The January 6th Investigation" airs this Sunday at 9p E…
'I wish this day would have never come': The world of sport reacts to Roger Federer's retirement
The outpouring of praise and admiration in the wake of Roger Federer's retirement announcement is a testament to the Swiss tennis star's remarkable impact and legacy in the world of tennis, sport and beyond.
Local politicians team up to challenge Russian President Vladimir Putin
• 'The whole world should see this': Some bodies found in unmarked graves show 'signs of torture,' Ukraine says • Live updates: Ukraine is 'consolidating their gains' after taking back territory around Kharkiv, US Department of Defense says
Ex-CIA officer calls judge's ruling in Trump case 'silly'
<ol><li>Ex-CIA officer calls judge's ruling in Trump case 'silly' CNN </li><li>Analysis | 4 key points from Judge Cannon's latest controversial Trump decision The Washington Post </li><li>Judge cites unsubstantiated 'media leaks' in rejecting DOJ bid to r…
Donations poured in and volunteers who rushed to help: Here's how Martha's Vineyard communities responded to the arrival of migrants
In the hours after roughly 50 migrants touched down on Martha's Vineyard in two planes sent by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, the island's community -- still jarred by the unexpected arrival -- rushed to help the newcomers.