Today's headlines include stories on the Mars rover's possible discovery of past life on the red planet, the PayPal-Phoenix Suns partnership dispute, and the risk of disease transmission at large, crowded events. Also in the news are police arresting a man who attempted to rush the Queen's coffin at Westminster Hall, and a graphics card maker breaking up with Nvidia in a messy breakup.
Mars rover sees hints of past life in rock samples, as PayPal threatens to exit Phoenix Suns partnership over owner's racist comments
- The Mars rover has found hints of past life in rock samples, which could be a major breakthrough in our understanding of the planet.
- PayPal has threatened to exit its partnership with the Phoenix Suns over owner Robert Sarver's racist comments.
- Intermittent movement behavior at large, crowded events increases disease transmission risk, according to a new study.
- Police have arrested a man at Westminster Hall after he attempted to rush the Queen's coffin.
- EVGA, a popular graphics card maker, has parted ways with Nvidia in a messy breakup.
- Malesela Teffo, an advocate, has been struck off the roll in a scathing judgment after being found "not fit and proper".
- Murray & Salisbury lose thriller as GB fall short.
- Mucus-based prophylactic gel protects against HIV and herpes transmission, according to a new study.
- Arkansas GOP gubernatorial candidate Sarah Sanders undergoes surgery for thyroid cancer.
- Queen Elizabeth II's state funeral: What you need to know.
- Arsenal start season with dominant win over Brighton.
- Quebec senator already out of Conservative caucus now quits party after Poilievre victory.
- Justin Herbert has fractured rib cartilage, according to a new report.
- Ticket to Paradise casts George Clooney and Julia Roberts as divorced parents determined to stop history repeating.
- Reflecting on the implementation of genomic surveillance for COVID-19 and beyond in the African Region.
- I’ve defeated those who tried to stop introduction of NIM – Pantami.
- Ukraine war: What you need to know.
- Judge to decide if incel attack was act of terror as ex-CSIS analyst says law should be scrapped.
- Justice officials release framework for policing crime in crypto space.
LAW AND DISORDER: 'Not fit and proper' – advocate Malesela Teffo struck off the roll in scathing judgment
Controversial advocate Malesela Teffo has been struck off the roll of legal practitioners and ordered to return his certificate of enrolment as legal practitioner to the Registrar of the Court. He had represented some of the accused in the Senzo Meyiwa murder…
Justin Herbert has fractured rib cartilage
Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert was hurting after a shot to the ribs late in Thursday night’s loss to the Chiefs and head coach Brandon Staley offered an update on his condition on Friday afternoon.Staley said that Herbert suffered fractured rib cartilage…
I’ve defeated those who tried to stop introduction of NIM – Pantami
Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Prof Isa Pantami, has revealed that he received several threats from some citizens following the National Identity Policy Implementation. Also, Pantami disclosed that President Muhammadu Buhari administration ha…