Today's news is dominated by stories about the cryptocurrency industry and the recent market volatility. Police have issued an arrest warrant for Do Kwon, the CEO of TerraUSD, following the implosion of the company's token. The Ethereum Merge is also imminent, and experts are predicting that it could have a big impact on the crypto market. Meanwhile, Mark Mobius, a legendary investor, has said that the Fed will hike interest rates if inflation stays high.
Why the Ethereum Merge is Imminent and What It Means
- Alleged capital markets law violations by Terra founder Do Kwon lead to an arrest warrant being issued by police.
- The Ethereum merge is a significant event that could have a major impact on the cryptocurrency world.
- Web3 gaming experts believe that blockchain gaming has the potential to take crypto mainstream, but there are some obstacles to widespread adoption.
- Mark Mobius says that if inflation stays high, the Fed will raise interest rates as high as 9%.
- SWIFT is testing a blockchain project with crypto startup Symbiont to drive "efficiencies in communicating significant corporate events".
- Starbucks will offer its rewards app users a portal to Web3.
- On the Verge of the Ethereum 'Merge' discusses the potential impacts of the event.
- Whistle-Blowers Face a Lonely and Risky Road outlines the difficulties and dangers associated with being a whistle-blower.
- As Stocks Swoon, Can Crypto Get Its Mojo Back? looks at how the stock market crashing could affect the cryptocurrency world.
- 2 Cryptocurrencies the Smartest Investors Are Buying in September looks at which digital assets intelligent investors are putting their money into.
- Missed Out on Ethereum? Buy This Cryptocurrency Now suggests an alternative digital currency for those who missed out on Ethereum.
- Polygon Has Soared 170% Off Its Low -- Here's Why It's Still a Buy discusses why the digital currency is still a good investment despite its recent price increase.
- How Low Will Nvidia Stock Go? speculates on how far the stock price could drop.
- Why Celsius Network Popped Over 21% on Wednesday looks at what caused the digital currency's price to jump.
- Why Bitcoin, Solana and Terra Luna Classic Are Sinking Today looks at why three major cryptocurrencies are experiencing price drops.
- Why This Billionaire Invested in Polygon, and You Should Too looks at the reasons behind billionaire Tim Draper's investment in the digital currency.
Police Issue Arrest Warrant for Crypto CEO Do Kwon Following Implosion of TerraUSD
Over four months after the collapse of TerraUSD tore down the crypto marketplace, South Korean police are currently on the hunt for Do Kwon (and other top people behind Terraform Labs) over allegations of fraud and tax evasion.Read more...
GameStop Rewards Employees For Sticking Around With 50-Cent Raise
Last month, GameStop announced new stock bonuses for store managers and hourly raises for other employees. It seemed like some relief was finally coming for the staff, who have been through so much these last few years, all while watching investors profit off…
Does Clerks 3 Have A Post-Credits Scene?
When you think of post-credits scenes, the first thing that probably comes to mind is the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Since the House of Ideas started putting them at the end of their movies in 2008 to tease whatever they had in store next, many other movies (…
SWIFT is testing a blockchain project with crypto startup Symbiont to drive "efficiencies in communicating significant corporate events", like mergers (Katherine Doherty/Bloomberg)
Katherine Doherty / Bloomberg: SWIFT is testing a blockchain project with crypto startup Symbiont to drive “efficiencies in communicating significant corporate events”, like mergers — SWIFT, the messaging system used by financial institutions globally to co…