In today's news, we see a variety of headlines ranging from politics to climate change. In politics, we see that the Republicans are planning to investigate the January 6th Capitol Hill riot withoutDonald Trump's involvement. We also see that Joe Biden is jumping into a rail dispute in order to prevent a strike. On the topic of Trump, we see that Trump judges are on a tear and that Trump is fighting back against the DOJ in a dispute over classified records. In Canadian news, we see that the new Conservative leader is preparing for his first steps in office. In international news, we see that Russia is under threat as Ukraine redefines victory. Finally, in the U.S., we see that Congress is putting Twitter and social media platforms in the hot seat.
Republicans pour money into Arizona's Senate race as Trudeau and Poilievre face off on inflation
- More Republican money is flowing into the Senate race in Arizona.
- Trudeau and Poilievre are having a showdown over inflation.
- The House GOP is considering having its own inquiry into what happened on Jan. 6 without Trump.
- Biden is jumping into a rail dispute to try to avert a possible strike.
- Trump-appointed judges are on a tear.
- McCarthy is trying to mow down GOP detractors ahead of his speaker bid, but he hasn't won yet.
- Trump is fighting back against the DOJ in a dispute over classified records.
- The quick take on Canada's new Conservative leader is that he is unknown.
- There are no plans to prepare for Vlad's exit yet.
- A Trump-appointed judge's ruling in favor of a special master to vet the documents he kept at Mar-a-Lago is also keeping Congress in the dark — for now.
- Russia is under threat as Ukraine redefines victory.
- POLITICO Playbook says that Washington is revving up for a stacked week.
- The Jan. 6 panel has 16 weeks left to figure out what happened.
- The Grand Old Party of Crybabies is a title for the Republican Party.
- ‘You Believe This S--t?’ is a title for an article about Biden's complicated friendship with Obama.
- Cold Cuts and Global Warming: When Jerry Brown and Prince Charles Hung Out is a title for an article about Jerry Brown and Prince Charles' relationship.
- McCarthy's test in the Granite State is an article about McCarthy's chances of becoming the next speaker of the House.
- Congress puts Twitter, social media platforms in the hot seat is an article about Congress' questioning of social media platforms.
- Fed Hall snags one of its clients’ top lobbyists is an article about a lobbyist who is going to work for the Federal Reserve.
- Freight rail strike deadline looms is an article about a possible freight rail strike.
- Dems urge Biden to expand student debt relief for parent borrowers is an article about Democrats urging Biden to do more for student debt relief.
- Bustos, retiring after a decade, reflects on farm bill is an article about Congresswoman Cheri Bustos reflecting on her time in Congress.
- Western officials ‘surprised’ by Ukraine’s rapid gains in northern counteroffensive is an article about how Ukraine is doing better than expected in its fight against Russia.
- Podesta-led White House team tagged to execute climate law is an article about how Tony Podesta is going to be working on climate change in the White House.
- EPA watchdog to probe Jackson, Miss., water crisis is an article about the EPA investigating the water crisis in Jackson, Mississippi.
- Clock is ticking on IRS top spot is an article about how there is no head of the IRS yet.
- PRO Act allies stick Senate battlegrounds in their crosshairs is an article about how the PRO Act has allies in the Senate.
- The Capitol Hill trade policy cleanup is an article about how there is a lot of work to be done on trade policy.
- Trail time is an article about how there is less time for campaigning now.
- Bollwage's threat is an article about how the mayor of Elizabeth, New Jersey is threatening to sue over a power plant.
A Trump-appointed judge's ruling in favor of a special master to vet the documents he kept at Mar-a-Lago is also keeping Congress in the dark — for now.
<ol><li>A Trump-appointed judge's ruling in favor of a special master to vet the documents he kept at Mar-a-Lago is also keeping Congress in the dark — for now. POLITICO </li><li>Explainer: The intel review of documents at Trump's estate KSL.com </li><li>…
Russia under threat as Ukraine redefines victory
<ol><li>Russia under threat as Ukraine redefines victory POLITICO </li><li>Possible turning point as Ukrainian troops drive Russian forces back 13News Now </li><li>Is Russia losing the war in Ukraine? | Inside Story Al Jazeera English </li><li>Has the R…