Today's headlines include a study on the benefits of ketamine infusions for mental health, the upcoming auction of a 150 million-year-old dinosaur skeleton, and an analysis of labor unions' recent resurgence. Other stories include a look at Evangelical leaders' use of the Bible to combat climate change and a Senator's call for codifying same-sex marriage.
Emmys 2022: Best fashion from the red carpet
- The study says that ketamine infusions can help relieve symptoms of depression, anxiety and suicidal ideation.
- A 150 million-year-old dinosaur skeleton will be auctioned in Paris next month.
- Opinion: Where Putin goes from here.
- Emmys 2022: Best fashion from the red carpet.
- 1 person dead and four others wounded in two separate shootings near Toronto.
- How Evangelical leaders are citing the Bible to combat climate change.
- How sunlight could turn seawater into freshwater for coastal communities.
- 'False fall' arrives, but don't get too cozy, meteorologist says.
- What to know about getting updated Covid-19 booster, flu shot at the same time.
- Watch: Carlos Alcaraz on winning US Open.
- Senator calls out GOP colleague's resistance to codify same-sex marriage.
- Analysis: Why labor unions are having a moment right now.
- Alex Jones heading to court again to face more families from Sandy Hook shooting.
- Zelensky's words for Russia as Ukraine sweeps through northeast.
- The best photos from the 2022 NFL season.
- 50 million trapped in modern slavery due to pandemic, war, climate crisis, report finds.
- Artillery hits near CNN crew's car as they head into key Ukrainian town.
- Tigrayan forces accept immediate ceasefire and AU-led peace talks with Ethiopia.
- Ukraine's victories are exciting Wall Street. The boost could soon fade.
- US fears Russian energy manipulation could fracture European resolve on Ukraine.
- Opinion: CVS Health CEO: It's time for business leaders to get serious about mental health.
- Emmy Awards 2022: How to watch and more.
- 'Don't piss women off': Democrat John Fetterman makes abortion rights push in Philadelphia suburbs.
- Twitter pushes back at Elon Musk's attempt to exit deal over purported whistleblower payout.
- Massive health care strike: 15,000 Minnesota nurses walk off the job.
- US consumers expect inflation to fall sharply, survey shows.
- Haiti prime minister announces gas hikes despite weeks of protests.
- CDC moves Kenya to 'low' risk travel category. No new 'high' risk destinations for the second consecutive week.
- Here are some projects getting money from Biden's infrastructure law.
- US lawmakers question Twitter on security practices on eve of whistleblower testimony.
How sunlight could turn seawater into freshwater for coastal communities
A summer of extreme heat and drought around the world has been a reminder that water scarcity is a pressing issue and one that will only get worse with climate change. Already, more than two billion people worldwide lack easy access to clean water, according …
Watch: Carlos Alcaraz on winning US Open
After defeating Norwegian Casper Ruud in four sets to win the US Open title, Spain's 19-year-old Carlos Alcaraz earned his first grand slam title with the win and will become the youngest world No. 1 in the history of the ATP rankings with the victory. CNN's …
Senator calls out GOP colleague's resistance to codify same-sex marriage
Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) talks to CNN anchor John Berman about the Democrats' push for GOP support of the Respect for Marriage Act, which would repeal the Defense of Marriage Act and protect marriage equality on a federal level.
Analysis: Why labor unions are having a moment right now
Between strikes by nurses, teachers and maybe railroad workers, and new union efforts gaining steam at Starbucks, Amazon, Apple and elsewhere, big labor is having a big moment. American workers want not only to be paid better, but to also be treated better.
Alex Jones heading to court again to face more families from Sandy Hook shooting
Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones will be back on trial Tuesday, facing more family members of Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting victims, weeks after a Texas jury determined he and his company should have to pay one student's parents nearly $50 million for d…
50 million trapped in modern slavery due to pandemic, war, climate crisis, report finds
From the pandemic to the climate crisis, disasters of the past five years have upended daily life, and a new report shows that in many countries the ensuing economic uncertainty has pushed millions into modern slavery.
Ukraine's victories are exciting Wall Street. The boost could soon fade
In the past week, Ukrainian troops have dealt a huge blow to Russia's grip on parts of the east of their country with a fast-moving offensive. The stunning campaign has kicked off a new phase of the war and could force Vladimir Putin to reconsider his strateg…
US fears Russian energy manipulation could fracture European resolve on Ukraine
When President Joe Biden convened nearly a dozen Western leaders by private video conference on Thursday to discuss the war in Ukraine, he was intent upon delivering a key message, sources say: to stay unified in punishing Russia, even as the Kremlin tries to…
Opinion: CVS Health CEO: It's time for business leaders to get serious about mental health
Even though mental health challenges aren't anything new, we are living in a time with a series of unique stressors that are impacting every one of us, such as Russia's invasion of Ukraine, as well as a pandemic that has stretched two-and-a-half years and con…
'Don't piss women off': Democrat John Fetterman makes abortion rights push in Philadelphia suburbs
Pennsylvania's Democratic Senate nominee John Fetterman and top allies on Sunday hammered Republican Mehmet Oz over past remarks calling abortion "murder" and warned that Oz would be a "rubber stamp" for a national ban.
Twitter pushes back at Elon Musk's attempt to exit deal over purported whistleblower payout
Twitter on Monday pushed back at a new attempt by Elon Musk to walk away from their $44 billion acquisition deal over a payment the company is said to have made to a former employee who later turned whistleblower, calling the billionaire's move "invalid and w…
Here are some projects getting money from Biden's infrastructure law
Americans are beginning to learn how funds from the bipartisan infrastructure package passed by Congress late last year will help improve their roads, bridges and airports. Here are four projects that have been awarded federal money so far.
US lawmakers question Twitter on security practices on eve of whistleblower testimony
US lawmakers sent Twitter more than a dozen questions about its security practices Monday, on the eve of a company whistleblower's testimony before Congress in which he is expected to outline damning allegations of security and privacy vulnerabilities at the …