This week has been eventful in the world of cryptocurrency and beyond. Here are some of the top stories from the past week.
Can Cryptocurrency Voters Impact Midterm Races in Key Battleground States?
- A new poll suggests that cryptocurrency voters could have an impact on midterm races in key battleground states.
- First Light Fusion is developing a new form of nuclear fusion that could be a game-changer for energy production.
- A teenager who was nicknamed "Baby Al Capone" has been ordered to pay $22 million to a victim of a SIM-swap crypto-heist.
- Did former Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke's quantitative easing (QE) policies cause the current inflation?
- This Week In Techdirt History looks back at the biggest stories from the week of October 9-15.
- Coinbase has received two green flags and one red flag from analysts this week.
- There are two ways to earn passive income with Ethereum, and they are both relatively easy to do.
- Sportsbetting.ag is a legitimate sports betting website that offers a variety of betting options.
- Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong has revealed that the company is considering a sale following the recent crypto price crash.
- HelloFresh has reportedly cut 600 employees, making it one of the biggest U.S. layoffs this year.
- From "Tinder swindlers" to Elon Musk, a brief history of billionaire impersonation scams.
- Zelle and Venmo are two popular payment apps, but which one is the better option?
- This Week's Awesome Tech Stories From Around the Web looks at the most interesting stories from the past week.
- Inflation ran hotter than expected in September, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Nvidia is trialing a new program that will give priority access to its RTX 4090 graphics card.
- Sports collectibles remain popular despite the recent boom in non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
- Small is the new black in climate tech VC, as investors are turning to smaller companies for innovation.
- Blockchain oracles are essential for Web3, and this article explains what they are and why they are important.
- Social tokens are a new form of cryptocurrency that is being used for a variety of purposes.
- CYF develops a community-driven token for African crypto traders.
- Margex Margin Trading Platform Introduces Three New Crypto Collateral Types.
- Big Eyes Coin Aims To Make Amazing Contributions To DeFi Alongside Avalanche and Tezos.
- The creator of the $114M Mango Markets Exploiter has revealed himself and returned most of the money.
- How Much Growth Should You Expect from Shiba Inu, Compound, and Big Eyes Coin In The Next Bull Market?
- Lydia Alexandra Renders at the 2022 1Sustainability Conference.
- Magic Eden Launches $1 Million Hackathon to Innovate on NFT Creator Monetization and Royalty Tools.
- Twitch Silent on Foam Pit Injuries at TwitchCon, Pretends Like Nothing Bad Happened.
- Google and Coinbase strike a deal, BNY Mellon begins crypto custody and WisdomTree's Bitcoin ETF gets denied: Hodler's Digest, Oct. 9-15.
Did Bernanke and all that QE cause the current inflation?
That is the topic of my latest Bloomberg column, here is one excerpt: Sometimes it is alleged that this “Bernanke inflation” was channeled into asset prices, such as equities and crypto, rather than retail or consumer prices. That hypothesis doesn’t fit the d…
This Week In Techdirt History: October 9th – 15th
Five Years Ago This week in 2017, a proposed bill would have exempted Customs and Border Protection from FOIA compliance until reporting on the issue got the problem fixed, the DOJ was fighting against a FOIA lawsuit and arguing that not even the courts have …
Sportsbetting.ag Review – Is Sportsbetting.ag Legit? (Pros, Cons, Betting Options, and More)
Sportsbetting.ag has been serving happy players since 2003 in both online sports betting and casino action. That’s practically an age in internet years and gives you some idea of how well respected the company is within the industry. But forget 2003, we’re in…
This Week’s Awesome Tech Stories From Around the Web (Through October 15)
FUTURE 9 Astonishing Ways That Living Standards Have Improved Around the World Tony Morley | Big Think “Over the last 200 years, the lives of average people in every country have been radically transformed and improved. In our modern day, we are living longer…
Nvidia trials RTX 4090 priority access program, "unlaunches" 12GB RTX 4080
An Nvidia staff member confirmed this week that the company is trying out a program to connect a certain number of players and content creators directly to RTX 4090 purchasing options. Nvidia could use the idea to smoothen future product launches if it works …
Twitch Silent on Foam Pit Injuries at TwitchCon, Pretends Like Nothing Bad Happened
You would never know that something horrible happened at the foam pit at TwitchCon this past weekend if you simply... The post Twitch Silent on Foam Pit Injuries at TwitchCon, Pretends Like Nothing Bad Happened appeared first on Gizmodo Australia. Related S…