This week has been full of news related to cryptocurrencies and their impact on the economy. In particular, a new poll suggests that crypto voters could have a significant impact on midterm races in key battleground states. Additionally, a primer on nuclear fusion was published, and the "Baby Al Capone" was ordered to pay $22m to a SIM-swap crypto-heist victim. Furthermore, there have been a number of Layoffs this year, including at HelloFresh. Finally, a review of Sportsbetting.ag was conducted, and it was determined to be a legit site.
From 'Tinder Swindler' to 'Baby Al Capone': A brief history of billionaire impersonation scams
- A new poll suggests that cryptocurrency voters could have an impact on upcoming midterm races in key battleground states.
- A primer on nuclear fusion and First Light Fusion, a company working on making this clean energy source a reality.
- "Baby Al Capone" must pay $22 million to a victim of a SIM-swap crypto-heist.
- Did former Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke's quantitative easing policies cause the current inflationary environment?
- A look back at some of the most popular stories on Techdirt from this week in history.
- Two green flags and one red flag for Coinbase, a popular cryptocurrency exchange.
- Two ways to earn passive income with Ethereum, a popular cryptocurrency.
- Three stocks that could sabotage your portfolio if you're not careful.
- Three growth stocks with more potential than any cryptocurrency.
- A review of Sportsbetting.ag, a popular online sports betting site.
- Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong reveals that the company sold some of its bitcoin holdings following the recent price crash.
- HelloFresh, a meal kit delivery service, is Reportedly cutting 600 employees.
- From the "Tinder Swindler" to Elon Musk, a brief history of billionaire impersonation scams.
- A comparison of the two popular payment apps, Zelle and Venmo.
- This week's top tech stories from around the web.
- Inflation ran hotter than expected in September, according to new data.
- Nvidia is trialing a new RTX 4090 priority access program, and has "unlaunched" the 12GB RTX 4080.
- Digital LeBron vs. analog Mantle: Sports collectibles remain hot despite the recent NFT boom.
- Small is the new black in climate tech VC, as investors look to support early-stage companies.
- What are blockchain oracles, and why are they essential for the Web3 ecosystem?
- What are social tokens, and how are they used?
- CYF develops a community-driven token for African crypto traders.
- Margex Margin Trading Platform Introduces Three New Crypto Collateral Types.
- Big Eyes Coin Aims To Make Amazing Contributions To DeFi Alongside Avalanche and Tezos.
- $114M Mango Markets Exploiter Outs Himself, Returns Most of the Money.
- How Much Growth Should You Expect from Shiba Inu, Compound, and Big Eyes Coin In The Next Bull Market?
- Lydia Alexandra Renders at the 2022 1Sustainability Conference.
- Magic Eden Launches $1 Million Hackathon to Innovate on NFT Creator Monetization and Royalty Tools.
- Twitch Silent on Foam Pit Injuries at TwitchCon, Pretends Like Nothing Bad Happened.
- Google and Coinbase strike a deal, BNY Mellon begins crypto custody and WisdomTree's Bitcoin ETF gets denied: Hodler's Digest, Oct. 9-15.
Did Bernanke and all that QE cause the current inflation?
That is the topic of my latest Bloomberg column, here is one excerpt: Sometimes it is alleged that this “Bernanke inflation” was channeled into asset prices, such as equities and crypto, rather than retail or consumer prices. That hypothesis doesn’t fit the d…
This Week In Techdirt History: October 9th – 15th
Five Years Ago This week in 2017, a proposed bill would have exempted Customs and Border Protection from FOIA compliance until reporting on the issue got the problem fixed, the DOJ was fighting against a FOIA lawsuit and arguing that not even the courts have …
Sportsbetting.ag Review – Is Sportsbetting.ag Legit? (Pros, Cons, Betting Options, and More)
Sportsbetting.ag has been serving happy players since 2003 in both online sports betting and casino action. That’s practically an age in internet years and gives you some idea of how well respected the company is within the industry. But forget 2003, we’re in…
This Week’s Awesome Tech Stories From Around the Web (Through October 15)
FUTURE 9 Astonishing Ways That Living Standards Have Improved Around the World Tony Morley | Big Think “Over the last 200 years, the lives of average people in every country have been radically transformed and improved. In our modern day, we are living longer…
Nvidia trials RTX 4090 priority access program, "unlaunches" 12GB RTX 4080
An Nvidia staff member confirmed this week that the company is trying out a program to connect a certain number of players and content creators directly to RTX 4090 purchasing options. Nvidia could use the idea to smoothen future product launches if it works …
Twitch Silent on Foam Pit Injuries at TwitchCon, Pretends Like Nothing Bad Happened
You would never know that something horrible happened at the foam pit at TwitchCon this past weekend if you simply... The post Twitch Silent on Foam Pit Injuries at TwitchCon, Pretends Like Nothing Bad Happened appeared first on Gizmodo Australia. Related S…