It was a volatile day on Wall Street, with the Dow closing more than 800 points higher. In other news, a Florida jury spared the Parkland school gunman from the death penalty. Meanwhile, a new investigation is underway into a potential budget cap violation by Red Bull Racing in Formula One.
Dow Closes More Than 800 Points Higher in Volatile Day
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed more than 800 points higher in a volatile trading day on Wednesday.
- A Florida jury has spared the Parkland school gunman from the death penalty, instead sentencing him to life in prison without the possibility of parole.
- West Ham United have beaten Anderlecht 2-1 to reach the knockout stages of the Europa Conference League.
- Russia has launched a series of airstrikes against Ukraine in what is being seen as a serious escalation of the conflict between the two countries.
- The Red Bull Formula One team is awaiting a penalty from the FIA over a budget cap row as a new investigation continues.
- Willie Spence, an American Idol alum, has died at the age of 23 in a car crash.
- Stone projectile skills help foragers occupy rainforests during southern Asia migration.
- Flaxmere homicide: 'Gentle giant' Darcy Strickland killed in fatal attack, family tributes for victim.
- National Television Awards: Emmerdale praised by King Charles as soap wins big.
- Aussie who helped save Brad Pitt.
- Kwasi Kwarteng says 'let's see' when asked about potential U-turn on corporation tax - as it happened.
- US Capitol riot probe votes to subpoena Donald Trump to testify.
- Motorsport: David Schumacher, nephew of F1 great, suffers broken back in violent crash.
- Bristol Police Sgt. Dustin Demonte, Officer Alex Hamzy ambushed responding to fake domestic call, state police say.
- U.S. grocer Kroger in talks to merge with rival Albertsons -sources.
- Queen releases lost Freddie Mercury song.
- January 6 committee issues subpoena for Trump to testify.
- Disney Dreamlight Valley's First Big Update Sees Scar Dropping Next Week.
- Silk Sonic Won't Submit an Evening With for Grammy Nom.
- Signs of Water on Mars Might Actually Be an Indication of Something Else.
U.S. grocer Kroger in talks to merge with rival Albertsons -sources
U.S. grocery company Kroger Co <a href="https://www.reuters.com/companies/KR.N" target="_blank">(KR.N)</a> is in talks to merge with smaller rival Albertsons Companies Inc <a href="https://www.reuters.com/companies/ACI.N" target="_blank">(ACI.N)</a> in a tie-…
Signs of Water on Mars Might Actually Be an Indication of Something Else
Astronomers explain Mars’ watery reflections. Bright reflections under Mars' South Pole's surface, according to Cornell University astronomers, are more likely to be the result of geological layers than liquid water. The researchers published their findings i…