In today's news, we take a look at the various celebrity investments in private equity, 8 little-known Italian villages, Jeep's new electric SUVs, and more.
Celebrities'Interest in Private Equity, Italian Villages, and Electric SUVs
- Celebrities are interested in private equity because it provides them with opportunities to invest in unglamorous businesses that can be highly profitable.
- 8 Italian villages that are relatively unknown but offer visitors a unique experience.
- Jeep's first three electric SUVs are designed to be able to tackle any terrain.
- When Bernard Shaw retired in 2001, he received well-wishes from many politicians and colleagues.
- Queen Elizabeth II was an unlikely rebel because of her status and position.
- Trump's reckless handling of nuclear documents could lead to disastrous consequences.
- Musk vs. Twitter, Elizabeth Holmes seeks new trial, and the battle over returning to the office.
- James Corden says he stole from President Biden's bathroom.
- The UK and EU are throwing $500 billion at energy subsidies.
- Bob Iger says that Disney buying Twitter would have been irresponsible.
- Photos: The life of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Opinion: We could see slow economic growth for the rest of the decade.
- Anti-LGBTQ protesters were blocked by "angels" at a Pride event.
- Opinion: Why I'm a space environmentalist -- and why you should be, too.
- Big oil companies are spending millions to appear "green," but their investments tell a different story, according to a new report.
- Obama to campaign for 2022 candidates, including those for secretary of state.
- A Chinese pine nut picker was rescued after drifting 300km in a hydrogen balloon.
- GM unveils a $30,000 electric SUV that will be one of the cheapest EVs available.
- Karlie Kloss says that fashion designers of the future will need to know how to code.
- "Lord of the Rings" stars defy racist critics after a Prime show controversy.
- British PM Liz Truss reacts to Queen Elizabeth's death.
- NASA eyes two dates in late September for Artemis I launch, but hurdles remain.
- New Hampshire Gov. Sununu endorses Chuck Morse days before Senate GOP primary.
- The Apple Watch Ultra looks like the ultra-rugged smartwatch we’ve been waiting for.
- All the Queen's presidents: From Truman to Biden.
- "Pinocchio" transforms the little puppet made of wood into a film that's not so good.
- Lewis Capaldi reveals he has been diagnosed with Tourette syndrome.
- Angelina Jolie accuses Brad Pitt of "waging a vindictive war" in new countersuit over winery.
- Russians will be able to buy the iPhone 14.
- Chinese metropolis Chengdu extends Covid lockdown, again, with no end in sight.
Musk vs. Twitter, Elizabeth Holmes seeks new trial, and the battle over returning to the office
"Nightcap's" Jon Sarlin talks with CNN's Clare Duffy about the latest developments in Elon Musk vs. Twitter. Plus, why disgraced Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes wants a new trial. And companies want you back at the office. But EZPR's Ed Zitron argues they c…
James Corden says he stole from President Biden's bathroom
While discussing the latest on the FBI search of Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate, "The Late Late Show" host James Corden revealed he took bathroom napkins while filming at the White House. It may not be classified documents, but Corden explains how he pulled…
Price of war: UK and EU throw $500 billion at energy subsidies
The United Kingdom on Thursday confirmed plans to subsidize energy bills for households and businesses, joining other European governments in a costly race to protect their economies from freezing up this winter as Russia cuts off supplies of gas.
Bob Iger: Disney buying Twitter 'would've been irresponsible'
In 2016, Disney came close to buying Twitter. During a recent interview with Recode, former CEO Bob Iger reiterated past comments about why the deal fell through, as well as shedding some light on what Disney found when searching for fake accounts.
Opinion: We could see slow economic growth for the rest of the decade
So far this year, the US economy has managed to skirt a recession, despite what many experts predicted. But even while the labor market remains strong, there isn't much to celebrate in the foreseeable future. We could still very well find ourselves in a reces…
Opinion: Why I'm a space environmentalist -- and why you should be, too
There are currently over 27,000 pieces of human-made objects being tracked as they orbit Earth, but that only includes objects larger than a softball. If you consider all debris, that number is estimated to be closer to 100 million. This can be anything from …
Big oil companies are spending millions to appear 'green.' Their investments tell a different story, report shows
Big oil companies are spending millions to portray themselves as taking action climate change, but their investments and lobbying activities don't live up to their planet-friendly claims, according to a new report.
GM unveils $30,000 electric SUV that will be one of the cheapest EVs available
General Motors revealed a new electric SUV Thursday that the automaker expects will be the cheapest compact electric SUV on the market when it goes into product in about a year. The Chevrolet Equinox EV will have a starting price around $30,000 which, at any …
'Lord of the Rings' stars defy racist critics after Prime show controversy
The new Amazon Prime series, "The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power" has caused controversy over claims of 'wokeness' due to its diverse cast. But, actors from the original movie franchise are standing up to defy critics. CNN's Rosemary Church has the sto…
NASA eyes two dates in late September for Artemis I launch, but hurdles remain
NASA has two new dates in mind — September 23 or September 27 — for the next attempt at launching its massive new moon rocket on an uncrewed test mission. But there are still several things that could stand in the way of getting the Artemis I mission off the …
The Apple Watch Ultra looks like the ultra-rugged smartwatch we’ve been waiting for
<ol><li>The Apple Watch Ultra looks like the ultra-rugged smartwatch we’ve been waiting for CNN Underscored </li><li>Apple Watch Ultra Apple </li><li>The Apple Watch Ultra's battery life sounds great — but there's a catch Tom's Guide </li><li>Hands on: …
All the Queen's presidents: From Truman to Biden
Britain's Queen Elizabeth II welcomed US President Joe Biden to Windsor Castle in June 2021. It was her first one-on-one engagement with a world leader since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic. And it was one of her first public engagements after the death of…
'Pinocchio' transforms the little puppet made of wood into a film that's not so good
Even taking it as a given that Disney's animated classics will all receive live-action makeovers eventually, "Pinocchio" feels like an unnecessary exercise -- a movie so flat that it never sparks to life, and barely feels as if it's making the leap into a dif…
Chinese metropolis Chengdu extends Covid lockdown, again, with no end in sight
China's mega city of Chengdu has extended its Covid lockdown for a second time, with no end in sight as authorities struggle to eradicate an outbreak that is continuing despite stringent restrictions that have upended businesses and daily life.