It's been a busy day in the world of cryptocurrency and blockchain. Here's a recap of some of the biggest stories from the past 24 hours.
Withdrawals Frozen at Crypto Mining Firm Poolin Amid 'Liquidity Problems
- Binance launches its own stablecoin
- A lawyer for an alleged crypto launderer urges Russia to discuss a prisoner swap
- The UK's Truss promises to 'unshackle' the City of London
- Withdrawals are Frozen at Crypto Mining Firm Poolin Amid 'Liquidity Problems'
- Elon Musk's crypto interview is broadcasted on the South Korean government's YouTube channel that was hacked and renamed 'SpaceX Invest'
- People are trying to buy rental real estate right now, but after 15 years as a landlord, the author is selling his properties for 4 reasons
- What if cryptocurrencies ranked by number of nodes instead of marketcap?
- China orders tech companies to 'improve traceability' of users to control 'rumours and false information'
- Singapore Hotel Prices Hit 10-Year High as City Roars Back to Life
- DF Direct: What's really happening with Intel Arc graphics?
- Will Ethereum Still Be a Buy After the Merge?
- 3 Reasons You Should Invest in Ethereum
- My Top Bank Stock To Buy and Hold Forever
- 3 Stocks to Avoid This Week
- What is LG Art Lab and what does it mean for creatives?
- Links 9/5/2022
- ‘Sell All Your Bitcoin’ Now—Serious Crypto Price Crash Warning Issued Ahead Of Game-Changing Ethereum Upgrade
- Confessions Of An English Bitcoin Maximalist
- First Mover Americas: Bitcoin Languishes Below $20K as Energy Crisis in Europe Worsens
- UK Crypto Firms Must Now Report Sanctions Breaches, Freeze Accounts
- Crypto Exchange Bybit Barred From Brokering Securities in Brazil
- Liz Truss to Become UK Prime Minister After Winning Conservative Party Leadership
- Revolut Said to Be Under Pressure From Regulator Over Risk of 'Material Misstatement' in Auditing: Report
- First Mover Asia: Bitcoin Holds Tight Below $20K; Blockchain Protocol Cardano Arrives on Robinhood. Who Cares?
- Australian Federal Police Forms Cryptocurrency Unit to Tackle Money Laundering, Offshoring: Report
- Nigeria Plans to Create a Virtual Free Zone With Binance Crypto Exchange
- Crypto Exchange Upbit Publishes Token Listing, Delisting Procedure After Government Pressure
- First Mover Asia: Ethereum's Merge Starts to Hit Gaming Chip Prices
- Bitcoin in Accumulation Phase Despite Macro Headwinds, On-Chain Data Indicate
Binance to convert users' USDC into its own stablecoin
Binance, the world's largest crypto exchange, said on Monday it is introducing "BUSD Auto-Conversion," which will be used to convert any existing user balances and new deposits of USD Coin (USDC), Pax Dollar (USDP) and True USD (TUSD) into its own stablecoin.
Explainer: UK's Truss promises to 'unshackle' City of London
Liz Truss becomes Britain's prime minister on Tuesday after a campaign in which she promised to "really unshackle" the City of London by making the most of Brexit in the 164-billion-pound ($192 billion) financial sector. <a href="/world/uk/britains-truss-expe…
Withdrawals Frozen at Crypto Mining Firm Poolin Amid 'Liquidity Problems'
Poolin, one of the world's biggest crypto mining pools, is suspending bitcoin and ether withdrawals from its wallet service due to "liquidity problems." From a report: "As you may have known, Poolin Wallet is currently facing some liquidity problems due to re…
China orders tech companies to 'improve traceability' of users to control 'rumours and false information'
PLUS: Australia mints a physical crypto-coin; Alibaba Cloud claims world's biggest DC; India’s space airbags; and more China will conduct a three month blitz to cleanse the local internet of "rumors and false information".…
DF Direct: What's really happening with Intel Arc graphics?
This week's DF Direct is somewhat different than the usual show - a while back, Intel approached us, asking to be featured on a future episode to talk about its Arc graphics line. At the same time, Intel Fellow Tom Petersen, having seen our extensive image qu…
Revolut Said to Be Under Pressure From Regulator Over Risk of 'Material Misstatement' in Auditing: Report
Crypto-friendly digital bank Revolut is under pressure from U.K. regulators after "unacceptably high" risk of "material misstatement" was highlighted in the auditing of its accounts, the Financial Times reported Monday.