It's Labor Day, and news outlets are covering a variety of stories related to the holiday. On the political front, President Biden is giving a speech attacking Republicans, while Lieutenant Governor Winsome Sears is talking about school choice. In other news, a man has been arrested for stalking a six-year-old girl and an illegal immigrant has been sentenced to 29 years in prison for multiple home invasions. Finally, academic town halls are being overshadowed by COVID-19, monkeypox, and equity issues.
Biden attacks 'MAGA' GOP in Labor Day speech, NASA-funded tech helps relieve menopause symptoms, and more
- In a Labor Day speech, Biden criticizes Republican members of Congress who support Donald Trump, calling them "full of anger, violence, and hate."
- NASA has funded a new technology that could help relieve menopause symptoms.
- The Cowboys have signed Eagles legend offensive lineman to their practice squad, according to a report.
- Representative Ro Khanna talks about making more goods in America and the importance of US independence.
- Illegal immigrants have arrived in Chicago.
- Labor Day is a holiday that celebrates the achievements of workers.
- Spencer Klavan & The Multiverse, Movies, & Culture is a podcast about movies and culture.
- What Is Labor Day? is an article that explains the holiday.
- War On Ukraine: Suspicious Deaths Of Prominent Russians Pile Up After Invasion is an article about the conflict in Ukraine.
- Lt. Gov. Winsome Sears is giving a speech about school choice.
- The Rams have a locker ready for a free agent receiver, according to a report.
- Albert Pujols hits his 695th home run in a Cardinals' win over the Cubs.
- A plane has crashed in Seattle, and one person is dead and eight are unaccounted for.
- Florida State blocks a PAT to send the game to overtime, and then holds off LSU in a 24-23 thriller.
- Florida veterans are being empowered to begin next tour of duty in the classroom.
- Mayor Lori Lightfoot is critical of Texas Governor Greg Abbott after 50 more migrants are bused to Chicago.
- Brendan Fraser breaks down in tears and receives a standing ovation at the Venice Film Festival for his film "The Whale."
- Academics takes a back seat to COVID, monkeypox and equity in Biden administration town hall.
- Eliza Fletcher abduction: Memphis judge sets bond for man charged in relation to kidnapping.
- Wisconsin mothers defend, criticize school board’s ban on pride, BLM flags.
- Nick Kyrgios upsets defending US Open champ Daniil Medvedev to advance to quarterfinals.
- Florida man arrested after stalking a 6-year-old girl, saying he’ll make her ‘a big girl,’ authorities say.
- Sen. Grassley on 'Fox & Friends': FBI Director Wray must do ‘much more’ to root out political bias.
- Rain, scattered storms will put damper on Labor Day plans.
- Political commentators, media hosts give Biden's campaign style speech mixed reviews: 'Divisive by nature.'
- 'Heroic' next-door neighbor saves mother, 2 children in Boston house fire.
- Murphy defends Biden student loan handout, admits higher education 'too out of control and too out of reach.'
- Tailgating quiz! How well do you know your facts about food, football and more?
- Illegal immigrant in multiple violent, 'sadistic' Texas home invasions gets 29-year US prison sentence.
- MSNBC host calls for Trump to be prosecuted, calls U.S. outlier for not jailing former leaders.
Biden again attacks 'MAGA' GOP members of Congress, 'full of anger, violence and hate,' in Labor Day speech
<ol><li>Biden again attacks 'MAGA' GOP members of Congress, 'full of anger, violence and hate,' in Labor Day speech Fox News </li><li>Biden responds to heckler at speech: ‘Everyone’s entitled to be an idiot’ The Hill </li><li>President Biden Milwaukee Lab…
Cowboys sign Eagles legend offensive lineman to practice squad: report
<ol><li>Cowboys sign Eagles legend offensive lineman to practice squad: report Fox News </li><li>Veteran offensive tackle Jason Peters, 40, agrees to join Dallas Cowboys' practice squad ESPN </li><li>Cowboys sign old rival LT Jason Peters with Tyron Smith…
Prioritizing US Independence: Rep. Ro Khanna On Making More Goods in America
This Labor Day, many Americans are heading to work instead of enjoying the long weekend. As many continue to face soaring prices in grocery stores and higher pieces than a year ago at the gas station, working long hours or picking up second jobs has become a …
Spencer Klavan & The Multiverse, Movies, & Culture
On this episode, Ben sits down with the assistant editor of The Claremont Review of Books and The American Mind at the Claremont Institute, Spencer Klavan. Spencer tells Ben how he was able to get his bosses to allow him to publish a piece based on the multiv…
War On Ukraine: Suspicious Deaths Of Prominent Russians Pile Up After Invasion
More than seven prominent Russians, many in the oil and gas sector and some viewed as Putin allies, have died in a series of mysterious deaths since the invasion of Ukraine. One of those deaths happened in Washington D.C when a Soviet-born critic of Putin all…