Today's top headlines include a victim of Hep A from imported frozen berries describing their ordeal, a penalty from Georgia Stanway giving England a victory over the USA, Google joining the smart watch market, and three people killed in an explosion at a service station in Ireland.
UKAD to launch probe into Conor Benn's positive drugs test with potential for a four year ban
- A victim of Hep A describes their ordeal after contracting the disease from imported frozen berries.
- Georgia Stanway scores a penalty to give England a victory over world champions USA.
- Maternal depression is a serious issue in Thailand, and the COVID-19 pandemic has made it worse.
- Google is joining the smart watch market, and Elon Musk's Twitter deal is back on.
- Three people are killed in an explosion at a service station in Ireland.
- Keanu Reeves has left Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio's upcoming film 'Devil in the White City'.
- UKAD is launching a probe into Conor Benn's positive drugs test, which could lead to a four year ban.
- Final Fantasy 14 is under attack by hackers, according to Square Enix.
- Experts say a study on ivermectin and Covid-19 death risk is flawed.
- Weegar's Flames extension brings Treliving's stroke-of-genius trade full circle.
- Nick Kyrgios has pulled out of the Japan Open in a 'heartbreaking' decision.
- A woman has died after a car slammed into a western Sydney home.
- 'Danger day' looms for Sydney and inland NSW as heavy rain and storms exacerbate flooding fears across multiple states.
- Zelenskyy says Ukraine has retaken nearly 2,500 square kilometres in a new counteroffensive.
- ASU research provides new insights into Belizean coral reef conservation.
- NYC Mayor Adams declares state of emergency over migrant crisis.
- World Cup a ‘moment of becoming’ for women’s rugby – and for New Zealand.
- A teenager has been charged after a boy, 12, died in a Wollongong crash potentially linked to a TikTok trend.
- National Gallery confirms one of its Vermeers is actually not a Vermeer.
- A new study suggests that ocean spray may have created conditions for life to form on Earth.
Maternal depression: Lack of awareness, COVID-19 curbs compound challenges facing mothers in Thailand
Ahead of World Mental Health Day on Oct 10, CNA looks at how awareness of maternal depression and avenues to seek help are generally lacking in Thailand. And the pandemic has made the situation more challenging.
Keanu Reeves Departs Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio’s ‘Devil in the White City’ at Hulu
Logo text That was fast. Two months after Hulu officially confirmed that Keanu Reeves would lead its Devil in the White City series from Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio, the Matrix favorite has exited the project. Sources say the Disney-backed streamer …
Experts say study on ivermectin, Covid-19 death risk is flawed
Online posts claim a peer-reviewed study found ivermectin reduces coronavirus death risk by 92 percent. This is missing context; public health officials advise against using the anti-parasitic drug to treat Covid-19, and experts say the research cited online …
Weegar’s Flames extension brings Treliving’s stroke-of-genius trade full circle
With a stroke of the pen Friday morning MacKenzie Weegar became the third prominent NHLer in the last seven weeks to make a long-term commitment to a team and a city that spent the early part of the summer being rejected.
ASU research provides new insights into Belizean coral reef conservation
A new study led by ASU Associate Research Professor Katie Cramer provides new insights into the human impacts that have made Belizean coral reefs, a source of food and livelihood for adjacent coastal communities, more vulnerable to climate change.
NYC Mayor Adams declares state of emergency over migrant crisis
The emergency declaration will suspend certain land use requirements in order for the city to more rapidly construct tent camps to house migrant, such as the controversial facility set to be constructed on Randalls Island, Adams said in a speech from City Hal…