The United States is facing some troubling statistics in terms of firearm homicide and suicide rates, while an Italian region is hoping to attract visitors with a unique offer. A rare Mondrian painting is also up for auction, and Ford has raised the price on its electric F-150 truck. Meanwhile, Peloton has laid off hundreds of employees in a bid to 'save' the company.
US firearm homicide and suicide rates reach highest levels since the 1990s, according to CDC data
- The 2021 US firearm homicide and suicide rates were the highest since the 1990s, according to CDC data.
- This Italian region is offering to pay people to visit.
- A Mondrian painting is expected to fetch more than $50 million in a rare auction.
- The pie that sparks lawsuits and more of America's best desserts.
- Ford has raised the price on the electric F-150 again.
- Video: Elon Musk's about-face on Twitter, Kim Kardashian's SEC fine, and the future of speech on the internet.
- Toyota has finally found a way to keep wheels from falling off its electric SUV.
- A federal court has temporarily blocked parts of New York's gun law.
- More than 2.5 million US middle and high school students say they currently use e-cigarettes, according to research.
- Hong Kong is offering 500,000 free air tickets to tempt tourists back.
- Peloton has laid off hundreds in its latest bid to 'save' the company.
- Making Russia weak, again.
- See the 70's party photoshoot that made this Indiana home go viral.
- One man was killed and two journalists were injured during an Israeli military raid in the West Bank.
- Uganda's president has apologized to Kenya for his son's ill-advised invasion tweets.
- Taiwan's defense minister says the country will treat Chinese military flights into its airspace as 'first strike.'
- Porsche has overtaken Volkswagen as the most valuable carmaker in Europe.
- US mortgage rates take a breather after rising for several weeks in a row.
- Kevin Spacey returns to court. A timeline of his legal woes.
- What to expect from Friday's jobs report.
- 'I'm shooting a Vogue cover as a chubby, short, mixed-race woman:' How this model embraces otherness.
- Some Chinese cities are facing record-breaking heat. Elsewhere, snowfall comes early.
- More than 400 people won the lotto in the Philippines. Some people just can't believe it.
- 'Scrubs' producer charged with multiple counts of sexual assault.
- Markets are starting to act super strange.
- Video shows the moment a California family was abducted.
- Jada Pinkett Smith is set to publish a 'no holds barred' memoir.
- Herschel Walker allies want more 'Trumpian response' to abortion allegation.
- How Florida residents can stay safe.
2021 US firearm homicide and suicide rates were highest since the 1990s, CDC data shows
US firearm homicide and suicide rates each increased by more than 8% from 2020 to 2021, according to data published Thursday in the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.
Mondrian painting expected to fetch more than $50 million in rare auction
Piet Mondrian's signature black grid lines and bright-colored squares are among the most striking images of abstract art. Now, one of his most valuable paintings is going on sale and is expected to reach more than $50 million, Sotheby's has said.
Video: Elon Musk's about-face on Twitter, Kim Kardashian's SEC fine, and the future of speech on the internet
Elon Musk twitter deal and crypto news on CNN Nightcap. Pivot's Kara Swisher tells Jon Sarlin what Twitter would look like under Elon Musk's control. Plus, "OC" actor Ben McKenzie on why Kim Kardashian's crypto fine blew up his phone. And Slate's Mark Joseph …
Toyota finally found a way to keep wheels from falling off its electric SUV
Last June, Toyota warned owners of its first mainstream electric vehicle, the BZ4X, to stop driving their SUVs and have them transported to dealers because of a scary problem: the wheels could fall off after driving even just a few miles.
Taiwan will treat Chinese military flights into its airspace as 'first strike,' defense minister says
Chinese fighter jets or drones that intrude into Taiwan's territorial airspace will be regarded as a "first strike," Taiwan's Defense Minister warned Wednesday, as the island seeks to step-up its defenses in response to Beijing's military pressure.
Kevin Spacey returns to court. A timeline of his legal woes
<ol><li>Kevin Spacey returns to court. A timeline of his legal woes CNN </li><li>Kevin Spacey sex abuse trial begins Thursday in Manhattan CBS New York </li><li>Kevin Spacey sex abuse trial to begin in Manhattan federal court New York Post </li><li>Kev…
What to expect from Friday's jobs report
When the Bureau of Labor Statistics releases its latest monthly jobs report on Friday, all eyes will be on whether the labor market is showing signs of loosening up -- one of many crucial factors that will help the Federal Reserve determine its next steps in …
'I'm shooting a Vogue cover as a chubby, short, mixed-race woman:' How this model embraces otherness
"I'm shooting a Vogue cover as a chubby, short, mixed-race woman who never imagined this would be her reality," says Paloma Elsesser of the "surreal" day that Annie Leibovitz photographed her for Vogue's January 2021 issue. It was a victory and not just for E…
Video shows moment California family was abducted
Investigators in California are working to determine the motive behind the killing of a family of four -- including an 8-month-old baby -- as the bodies were recovered in a rural farm area after they were kidnapped earlier this week. CNN's Natasha Chen has th…
Jada Pinkett Smith set to publish 'no holds barred' memoir
<ol><li>Jada Pinkett Smith set to publish 'no holds barred' memoir CNN </li><li>After Will Smith’s Oscar slap, Jada Pinkett Smith reveals 'complicated marriage' in 'no holds barred' memoir Fox News </li><li>Jada Pinkett Smith to detail 'complicated marria…