Today we mourn the death of former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev, who passed away at the age of 91. Gorbachev was a key figure in ending the Cold War, and will be remembered as one of the great leaders of our time. We also have news on a new virtual diabetes prevention program, the first death linked to monkeypox in the US, and a huge iPhone 14 Pro camera upgrade.
Soviet Leader Mikhail Gorbachev, Who Ended the Cold War, Dies Aged 91
- Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev, who ended the Cold War, has died aged 91.
- A new mouse model carrying a disease-associated mitochondrial mutation has been created by researchers.
- Leeds United and Everton have played out a 1-1 draw, with a second-half strike from Luis Sinisterra earning Jesse Marsch's side a point.
- An Apple Insider has revealed a huge new iPhone 14 Pro camera upgrade.
- AHS has helped launch a new virtual diabetes prevention program.
- The US has reported its first death linked to monkeypox.
- You can win up to 3 million AIR MILES Reward Miles in a new contest.
- Mikhail Gorbachev, Soviet Leader Who Ended The Cold War, Dies Aged 91: Report.
- Mikhail Gorbachev, Soviet leader who ended the Cold War, dead at 91.
- NASA crews are meeting to decide if Artemis can launch this weekend.
- Luton Town have beaten Cardiff City 2-1, with a late header from Yoane Wissa cancelling out Wilfried Zaha's stunner to secure a point.
- Crystal Palace and Brentford have played out a 1-1 draw, with a late header from Yoane Wissa cancelling out Wilfried Zaha's stunner to secure a point.
- ‘Please avoid travel’: Sydney Trains boss urges commuters to work from home as strikes continue.
- Sandra Urrutia Pérez has been appointed as the new Minister of Telecommunications and Information Technology in Peru.
- Mariah Carey has made a 'dig' at Meghan Markle in a new interview.
- Leonardo DiCaprio and Camila Morrone have reportedly split, just months after the model turned 25.
- Scientists have revealed how a key cancer target could halt cancer spread.
- Southampton have beaten Chelsea 2-1, while Fulham and Brighton have also played out a 2-1 scoreline. Leeds United and Everton have played out a 1-1 draw.
- Former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev has died aged 91.
Researchers create first mouse model carrying a disease-associated mitochondrial mutation
Studying the role of mitochondria—the specialized structures within cells responsible for energy production—in metabolic diseases has been difficult because of a lack of animal models with the necessary mitochondrial mutations to observe these tiny organelles.