Investors are fleeing risk assets such as digital currencies and stocks after Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell's remarks on inflation. Ethereum's merge and the possibility of over-the-counter crypto trades are also in the news.
Why Ethereum, Dogecoin, and Shiba Inu Are Falling Today (Aug 27)
- Jack Dorsey's Block ends Afterpay smartphone tie-up with Australia's Westpac
- Asset managers to offer fund tokens despite crypto turmoil
- A bitcoin IRA lets you profit from the cryptocurrency's potential gains in a tax-advantaged way
- US stocks trade mixed as data shows inflation cooling ahead of Powell's Jackson Hole speech
- What is OTC? A beginner's guide to over-the-counter markets
- This Week in Security: In Mudge We Trust, Don’t Trust That App Browser, and Firefox at Pwn2Own
- Will This Be the First Country Bankrupted by Crypto?
- A way to power the planet through ultra-deep geothermal energy
- What Is ‘the Merge’?
- The Crypto World Can’t Wait for ‘the Merge’
- Got $5,000? Buy This Crypto Now
- 1 Beaten Down Growth Stock That Could Soar, According to Wall Street
- Could This Dark Horse Cryptocurrency Be the Unexpected Beneficiary of Ethereum's Merge?
- Why Ethereum, Dogecoin, and Shiba Inu Are Falling Today
- More Than Half Of All Bitcoin Trades Are Fake
- Digital currencies And Stocks Decline As Investors Flee Risk Assets After Fed Speech
- How To Help Your Adult Children Make Financial And Medical Decisions When Needed
- HIVE Blockchain's Pivot Away From PoS Ethereum
- Coinbase: Darkest Before The Dawn
- CrowdStrike: A Real Crowd Pleaser
- Bitcoin Tumbles Below $21K After Powell’s Hawkish Remarks
- First Mover Asia: A Bear Market Survival Strategy for Crypto Miners; Bitcoin, Ether Prices Remain in Holding Pattern
- First Mover Americas: Bitcoin in Stasis Ahead of Powell Speech; Coinbase's cbETH Trades At Discount to Ether
- Market Wrap: Bitcoin Slumps to Lowest Level in Over a Month After Powell Affirms Hawkish Monetary Policy
- Thai Energy Billionaire Turns to Crypto to Boost Growth: Report
- Ether May Continue to Lose Momentum Until Merge Is Completed, BofA Says
- Crypto Exchange Zipmex Appoints Restructuring Firm to Forge Recovery Plan
- Federal Reserve’s Powell: Inflation Battle Not Yet Close to Finished
- In Defense of Crypto Speculation
Jack Dorsey's Block ends Afterpay smartphone tie-up with Australia's Westpac
Afterpay, the Australian payments firm bought by Jack Dorsey's Block Inc <a href="https://www.reuters.com/companies/SQ.N" target="_blank">(SQ.N)</a>, and Australia's Westpac Banking Corp <a href="https://www.reuters.com/companies/WBC.AX" target="_blank">(WBC.…
Asset managers to offer fund tokens despite crypto turmoil
Investors in crypto have endured wild moves in recent months, but this has not fazed asset managers who are preparing to use the blockchain technology behind cryptocurrencies to break funds into bite-sized units, or tokens, to sell to small savers.
This Week in Security: In Mudge We Trust, Don’t Trust That App Browser, and Firefox at Pwn2Own
There’s yet another brouhaha forming over Twitter, but this time around it’s a security researcher making noise instead of an eccentric billionaire. [Peiter Zatko] worked as Twitter’s security chief for …read more
Digital currencies And Stocks Decline As Investors Flee Risk Assets After Fed Speech
Risk assets lost value this morning after global markets responded to the speech Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell made at the Jackson Hole symposium. Powell stated that cooling inflation will require policy makers to "forcefully" use the tools at their dis…
First Mover Americas: Bitcoin in Stasis Ahead of Powell Speech; Coinbase's cbETH Trades At Discount to Ether
The latest price moves in bitcoin (BTC) and crypto markets in context for August 26, 2022. First Mover is CoinDesk’s daily newsletter that contextualizes the latest actions in the crypto markets.
Market Wrap: Bitcoin Slumps to Lowest Level in Over a Month After Powell Affirms Hawkish Monetary Policy
The first cryptocurrency dipped 4.3% to around $20,549, its lowest point since July 16, after the head of the U.S. central bank said the Fed would maintain its restrictive monetary course. This article originally appeared in Market Wrap, CoinDesk’s daily news…