It's a busy day for news with a variety of stories from around the world. In the U.S., there is news on the upcoming appeal for Harvey Weinstein's rape conviction, as well as the release of an unredacted Barr memo on the Russia probe. In Australia, there is news on a push for a wide-ranging inquiry into Scott Morrison's ministerial appointments. Elsewhere, there is news on the use of CRISPR technology to discover RNA therapeutics for lung cancer, the Champions League draw pots for the group stage, and the latest on the Russia-Ukraine War.
Breaking News (Aug 25)
- The Carabao Cup 3rd round draw will be held today, with Manchester City set to face Chelsea, Arsenal set to take on Brighton, and Manchester United set to play Aston Villa.
- Harvey Weinstein's appeal of his 2020 rape conviction is set to be heard by the State of New York Court of Appeals.
- The Archives have asked for records in 2021 after Trump lawyer agreed they should be returned, email says.
- NASA has released a "spectacular" space photo of the southern lights aurora over Earth.
- Australia news LIVE: Crossbench pushes PM for wide-ranging inquiry into Scott Morrison’s ministerial appointments.
- CRISPR genome-editing technology can be used as a tool to discover RNA therapeutics for lung cancer.
- The Champions League draw pots have been set for the group stage.
- The latest news on the Russia-Ukraine War.
- The Justice Department has released the unredacted Barr memo detailing the decision not to charge Trump with obstructing the Russia probe.
- The Dark Pictures: The Devil in Me will be released in November.
- Who qualifies for Biden's student loan forgiveness plan and what else to know.
- The Hawai'i Department of Health has reported 4 new monkeypox cases, one on Maui.
- An experimental, genetically attenuated malaria vaccine warrants further exploration.
- Who Qualifies For Biden’s Student Loan Forgiveness Plan.
- The federal government has approved two new offshore greenhouse gas storage areas off WA and NT.
- RCMP commissioner apologizes to families of victims in mass shooting.
- At least 22 killed in Russian strike on rail station on Ukraine's independence day.
- Air New Zealand posts $725 million loss after expenses blow-out.
Australia news LIVE: Crossbench pushes PM for wide-ranging inquiry into Scott Morrison’s ministerial appointments
A bigger immigration intake could improve state and federal budgets by $38 billion over the next decade, there’s a push to unmask the staff involved in the secret portfolio saga and doctors are calling for an urgent reform of Australia’s “broken” healthcare s…
Justice Department releases unredacted Barr memo detailing decision not to charge Trump with obstructing Russia probe
Former Attorney General Bill Barr concluded that then-President Donald Trump couldn't be charged with obstructing the Russia probe because there wasn't an underlying conspiracy between his campaign and Russia, breaking with special counsel Robert Mueller's vi…