In this week's tech roundup, we take a look at some of the biggest stories in the world of technology. From Elon Musk's reveal of a humanoid robot to the Interpol issuing a "red notice" for the founder of Terra, there were plenty of headline-worthy moments. We also take a look at the dip in NFT trading volume and how it is raising questions about the future of the industry. In addition, we examine the difference between Coinbase and Gemini, two of the biggest crypto exchanges.
Interpol Issues 'Red Notice' for Founder of Crypto-Lending Platform
- Celsius, a crypto lending platform, is not seeking payments for outstanding loans at this time.
- UK gambling safeguards are not adequate to protect online punters from harm.
- Elon Musk revealed a humanoid robot developed by his company, Terra, and Interpol issued a "red notice" for Terra founder Do Kwon.
- In techdirt history this week, highlights include the launch of the first Apple Watch, the launch of Google Street View, and the launch of the first 3D-printed gun.
- NFT trading volume has plummeted 97% since January, raising questions about the future of the industry.
- Twitter's audience may be smaller than expected due to the prevalence of spam bots.
- Ethereum is a cryptocurrency with a market capitalization of over $20 billion.
- Coinbase and Gemini are two of the most popular cryptocurrency exchanges.
- Student organizations are playing an increasingly important role in the governance of decentralized finance protocols.
- Liberal arts colleges are embracing the interdisciplinary nature of web3 technologies.
- When building a decentralized future, it is important to consider lessons from the past.
- This tech firm CEO says he is "praying for inflation" because it would be good for his business.
- Tamadoge, a meme-based cryptocurrency, is being listed on LBank.
- Crypto analyst says that the market may have "hit the ultimate bottom" months ago.
- Crypto banking platform Juno raises $18M in series A funding.
- Student organizations play an important role in the governance of decentralized finance protocols.
- Liberal arts colleges embrace the interdisciplinary nature of web3 technologies.
- Indian crypto exchange WazirX lays off 40% of its employees.
- Pace and Time secures $20 million in strategic funding to automate business logic.
- Giorgia Meloni, a neo-fascist leader in Italy, is attempting to co-opt the feminist movement.
- Bella Hadid wore a dress spray-painted on her body at the Coperni show in Paris.
- Cryptocurrency prices today October 01: Bitcoin marginally up, Dogecoin lags behind.
- A secret power clique has been revealed.
- Net Bitcoin ATMs growth drops globally for the first time ever.
- Nexo-labeled address withdraws $153M in Wrapped BTC from MakerDAO.
- California fraud cases highlight the need for a regulatory crackdown on crypto.
- US senator bill seeks to cushion crypto exchanges from SEC enforcement actions.
How UK gambling safeguards fail to defend online punters
An Observer investigation finds Stake.com, the Australian sponsor of Everton, could be benefiting from weak controls designed to prevent British customers betting with cryptocurrencyWhen Everton FC’s players ran out to face bitter Merseyside rivals Liverpool …
Elon Musk Revealed a Humanoid Robot and Interpol Issued a “Red Notice” for Terra Founder Do Kwon in This Week’s Tech Roundup
This week, the tech industry has rolled out a myriad of new hardware. On the consumer product side, C SEED showcased the world's first foldable outdoor TV, and Elon Musk debuted a prototype for Tesla’s Optimus, a humanoid robot designed to complete household …
This Week In Techdirt History: September 25th – October 1st
Five Years Ago This week in 2017, the SESTA fight continued, and we took a look at how Google would survive the law, but startups might not, and how much of the supposed sex trafficking epidemic driving the bill simply didn’t exist. Ajit Pai’s FCC amusingly d…
Best gambling sites in 2022: 10 top-rated online gambling sites ranked for games, bonuses & fairness
Given the immense popularity of online gambling, you’ll need to be extra cautious when selecting where to play. We’ve had our ups and downs at online casinos, so we’ve decided to create a thorough guide and introduce you to the best gambling sites we’ve ever …
‘Better Tech’—A Legendary Google Billionaire Is Backing A Radical Bitcoin And Ethereum Rival Despite Huge $2 Trillion Crypto Price Crash
Former Google chief executive and billionaire Eric Schmidt has said chainlink has "better technology" and "scales better" than other cryptocurrencies like bitcoin and ethereum...
Liberal Arts Colleges Show the 'Inherent Interdisciplinary' Nature of Web3
A traditional liberal arts education may not yet afford students the ability to exclusively major in cryptocurrency. However, because it’s an interdisciplinary subject, several professors are finding ways to incorporate Web3 concepts into their coursework.
Tamadoge LBank listing – 10x gains expected as the meme coin of the moment gets a new listing
The cryptocurrency bear market that we can see this year has erased more than half of the market cap in total, which is why the new investors are looking for... The post Tamadoge LBank listing – 10x gains expected as the meme coin of the moment gets a new lis…