In today's news, we'll be discussing Biden's campaign plans, new legislation around drones, former Governor Andrew Cuomo's new PAC, and the ongoing hurricane warnings in Florida.
Why drones may start buzzing around the nation’s prisons
- Joe Biden's campaign mission is to take on Republicans, but he plans to do so from a distance.
- Drones may start buzzing around nation's prisons as a way to keep an eye on them.
- The Marshall Islands and Solomon Islands are defiance of the US, and this casts a shadow over Biden's Pacific Summit.
- Corey Lewandowski has cut a deal on the charge stemming from alleged unwanted sexual advances.
- Smith & Wesson is being sued over their link to the mass shooting at the July 4th parade.
- Former Governor Andrew Cuomo announces a PAC and podcast, saying he is "very concerned."
- States are appealing the dismissal of a suit against the US archivist for refusing to certify ERA ratification.
- Hurricane Ian is approaching Florida, and Governor DeSantis is warning residents to shelter in place.
- Biden and DeSantis have hit pause on their rancor during the hurricane.
- Governor Newsom says that the Democrats have a "messaging problem."
- The US Embassy in Moscow is urging American citizens to leave Russia "immediately."
- The Oath Keeper trial is enjoying the most D.C. jury selection process possible.
- The number of millionaires rose during last year's stock rally.
- Respiratory viruses are resurfacing earlier than expected in kids.
- Biden and DeSantis have pledged "close coordination" as Ian approaches.
- Senator Manchin has backed off on his top priority.
- A poll shows that a majority of people support reforming the electoral vote count law.
- The hottest leadership ticket in the House is between Representatives Nos. 6.
- Opinion: Poor kids just don't matter in American politics.
- President Putin's military draft is unpopular, but that doesn't seem to matter.
- Senator Manchin is back to the drawing board.
- The AWS lobbyist is returning to multi-client work.
- A Maryland couple has plead guilty in the submarine secrets sale case.
- Democrats are brace for a national security brain drain.
- Nuclear threats are hanging over Europe as weapons leaders gather in Brussels.
- Officials are on edge over pipeline explosions, with some believing Russia is behind them.
- As Hurricane Ian approaches, President Biden has warned the oil industry not to "gouge the American people."
- The hurricane has knocked out power in Cuba.
- Patients are facing barriers to routine care as doctors warn of ripple effects from broad abortion bans.
- Governor Newsom is squaring off with the courts.
Respiratory viruses resurface earlier than expected in kids
<ol><li>Respiratory viruses resurface earlier than expected in kids POLITICO </li><li>US sees increase in respiratory infections that can lead to paralysis in children, CDC data shows CNN </li><li>Rise in Cases of Kids Infected With Virus Linked to Paraly…