Today's headlines touch on a wide range of topics, from the ongoing sell-off in US stocks to NFTs and crypto. Let's take a closer look at some of the top stories.
US stocks continue sell-off after Fed Chair Jerome Powell signals rates may peak at a higher level than expected
- After US Fed Chair Jerome Powell signaled that interest rates may peak at a higher level than expected, US stocks continued their sell-off.
- Revolut is paying some senior talent up to $300,000 in base salary and is still hiring. According to its global head of HR, here are 3 valuable traits in applicants.
- The hyped Mystery Square Enix Game Turns Out To Be NFT Junk.
- Financiers' pronouncements on China do not match their actions.
- Elon Musk Wants Us to Think He's at War With the Elites.
- The distributed ledger technology used in the US midterm elections matters to crypto, and how it could be used in future elections.
- Personal Finance Daily: Fidelity launches waitlist to offer crypto trading to retail investors and why aren’t more financial products meeting the needs of Latinos in the US?
- International summit agrees to crack down on crypto to combat ransomware.
- Tumblr says nudes are back on the menu – within reason.
- Can You Mine Crypto Using Your Smartphone?
- Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin says that if Musk's Twitter flops it's not such a bad thing.
- How new versions of solar, wind, and batteries could help the grid.
- Amazon pauses corporate hiring over economy concerns.
- US Midterms May Have Big Consequences for Crypto.
- Crypto Cowboys Test the Lonestar State's Grid as Mining Woes Persist.
- Why Elon Musk Owning Twitter Will Be a Boost for Crypto.
- Alphabet Blames Crypto Ad Spend for a Revenue Slowdown.
- How Should Crypto Play Into Your Retirement Plan?
- Why Coinbase, Silvergate Capital, and Marathon Digital Holdings Are Falling This Week.
- Does a Dogecoin-Cardano Alliance Make Sense for Either Crypto?
- Forget Dogecoin, This Crypto Could Be the Even Bigger Winner From Elon Musk's Twitter Takeover.
- How Meta Sent Arweave, Flow, and Polygon Cryptocurrencies Higher on Thursday.
- Robinhood Markets, Inc. (HOOD) Q3 2022 Earnings Call Transcript.
- Why PayPal, Block, and Coinbase Are Down Ahead of Earnings.
- T. Rowe Price's Oak Hill Makes $1.8 Billion Carbon Credit Purchase.
- Meta's bold plans for an Instagram NFT marketplace revealed.
- India’s crypto taxes may ‘kill the industry,’ Binance CEO says.
- Links 11/3/2022.
- Opera premieres deep NFT analytics tool DegenKnows, releases NEAR, Elrond, and Fantom support in the Opera Crypto Browser.
Hyped Mystery Square Enix Game Turns Out To Be NFT Junk
While several big gaming companies have flirted with the idea of non-fungible tokens, none has embraced the crypto scam with as much blind confidence as Square Enix. Now the Final Fantasy maker has finally revealed its first NFT stunt, Symbiogenesis, crushing…
International summit agrees crack down on crypto to combat ransomware
Commitments include international wallet info sharing, KYC requirements, and an AML crackdown The White House's second International Counter Ransomware Initiative summit has concluded, and this year the 36-nation group has made clear it intends to crack down …
Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin: if Musk's Twitter flops it's not such a bad thing
Predicts heir to Twitter, without its problems, is waiting to fly. Hopes the same improvements come to crypto Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin told an audience at Singapore's FinTech Festival on Thursday he believes a social media platform to replace Twitt…
How new versions of solar, wind, and batteries could help the grid
Hello hello, welcome back to The Spark! I’m back in Boston again this week, this time for one of my favorite events of the year, EmTech MIT. The program covers everything from crypto to CRISPR, and I’ll be hosting a session this week called “Future Clean Ene…
Opera premieres deep NFT analytics tool DegenKnows, releases NEAR, Elrond, and Fantom support in the Opera Crypto Browser
We’re excited to announce today a suite of new features including the integration of NEAR, Elrond, and Fantom in the Opera Crypto Browser as we solidify our status as an industry leader in Web3 innovation. Topping the list is the launch of DegenKnows.io, our …