Cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology continue to make headlines all over the world. Here's a look at some of the latest news stories involving crypto and blockchain.
Coinbase, Silvergate Capital, and Marathon Digital Holdings Report Losses
- Coinbase reports third-quarter loss as volumes drop: Coinbase, one of the most popular cryptocurrency exchanges, reports a loss in the third quarter as trading volumes drop.
- Trevor Noah on attack ads: ‘We don’t accept this in any other job’: Trevor Noah, host of The Daily Show, criticizes attack ads and how they are used in political campaigns.
- Convoy leaders, Tamara Lich, set to testify at Emergencies Act inquiry: Tamara Lich, one of the leaders of the convoy that protested the construction of the Site C dam, is set to testify at an inquiry into the Emergencies Act.
- Distributed Ledger: Why U.S. midterm elections matter to crypto, and how: The United States midterm elections could have a big impact on cryptocurrency and the overall digital ledger technology industry.
- Personal Finance Daily: Fidelity launches waitlist to offer crypto trading to retail investors and why aren’t more financial products meeting the needs of Latinos in the U.S.? Fidelity launches a waitlist for retail investors to trade cryptocurrency and ponders why there are not more financial products meeting the needs of Latinos in the United States.
- Can You Mine Crypto Using Your Smartphone?: You can mine cryptocurrency using your smartphone, but it is not recommended.
- Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin: if Musk's Twitter flops it's not such a bad thing: Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin says that if Elon Musk's Twitter account were to flop, it would not be such a bad thing.
- US Midterms May Have Big Consequences for Crypto: The United States midterm elections could have a big impact on cryptocurrency.
- Crypto Cowboys Test the Lonestar State's Grid as Mining Woes Persist: Crypto Cowboys, a group of cryptocurrency miners in Texas, are testing the state's grid as mining difficulties persist.
- Whitney Cummings Joins OnlyFans — but for Subscriber-Only ‘Dirty Jokes,‘ Not Nude Pics (EXCLUSIVE): Whitney Cummings, a comedian and actress, joins OnlyFans but for subscriber-only dirty jokes, not nude pictures.
- Why Coinbase, Silvergate Capital, and Marathon Digital Holdings Are Falling This Week: Coinbase, Silvergate Capital, and Marathon Digital Holdings are all falling this week.
- How Should Crypto Play Into Your Retirement Plan?: Cryptocurrency should play a role in your retirement plan.
- Alphabet Blames Crypto Ad Spend for a Revenue Slowdown: Alphabet blames cryptocurrency ad spend for a slowdown in revenue.
- Opera premieres deep NFT analytics tool DegenKnows, releases NEAR, Elrond, and Fantom support in the Opera Crypto Browser: Opera premieres the DegenKnows deep NFT analytics tool, releases NEAR, Elrond, and Fantom support in the Opera Crypto Browser.
- Women Will Save Bitcoin: Chatting With Bitcoin Maximalist Tim Draper: Tim Draper, a Bitcoin maximalist, chats about why he believes women will save Bitcoin.
- Crypto Regulators ‘Missing An Opportunity’ With Bitcoin Spot ETF: Crypto regulators are missing an opportunity with the Bitcoin spot exchange-traded fund.
- ‘Very Hard To Predict’—Binance CEO Reveals ‘90%’ Failure Rate Fear After $500 Million Elon Musk Twitter Bet Amid Bitcoin, Ethereum And Crypto Price Crash: Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao reveals that he is afraid of a "90% failure rate" after a $500 million bet on Elon Musk's Twitter account amid a Bitcoin, Ethereum, and cryptocurrency price crash.
- The Silent Quantum Threat To Web3 Cyber Resilience: The silent quantum threat to Web3 cyber resilience.
- Apple, Google, Amazon, And Tesla Stock Prices Are Now Available To DeFi And Other Crypto Platforms: Apple, Google, Amazon, and Tesla stock prices are now available to DeFi and other cryptocurrency platforms.
- Why Ethereum’s Post-Post-Merge Will Be Better Than The Merge: Why Ethereum's post-post-merge will be better than the merge.
- This Week In Credit Card News: Rate Hike’s Effect On Credit Cards; Capital One’s Big Taylor Swift Promotion: This week in credit card news: Rate hike's effect on credit cards; Capital One's big Taylor Swift promotion.
- Iris Energy: Things Have Changed: Iris Energy's CEO discusses how the company has changed.
- Caterpillar: Digging For Levels Of Entry: Caterpillar Inc. is digging for levels of entry.
- ‘Hyperbitcoinization’ Is a Few Years Away, Predicts Samson Mow: Samson Mow, the CEO of Blockstream, predicts that "hyperbitcoinization" is a few years away.
Coinbase reports third-quarter loss as volumes drop
U.S. cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase Global Inc <a href="https://www.reuters.com/companies/COIN.O" target="_blank">(COIN.O)</a> on Thursday reported a third-quarter loss as high inflation, rising interest rates and geopolitical tensions weakened demand for r…
Trevor Noah on attack ads: ‘We don’t accept this in any other job’
Late-night hosts discuss mean-spirited campaign attack ads, Maga voter intimidation and Elon Musk’s proposal to add a video paywall to TwitterTrevor Noah continued his week of live shows in Atlanta on Wednesday evening, and noted the amount of campaign ads he…
Convoy leaders, Tamara Lich, set to testify at Emergencies Act inquiry
<ol><li>Convoy leaders, Tamara Lich, set to testify at Emergencies Act inquiry CBC News </li><li>Emergencies Act inquiry: "Freedom Convoy" organizers Dichter, Bauder, Lich testify | LIVE Global News </li><li>Global National: Nov. 2, 2022 | Convoy lawyer s…
Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin: if Musk's Twitter flops it's not such a bad thing
Predicts heir to Twitter, without its problems, is waiting to fly. Hopes the same improvements come to crypto Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin told an audience at Singapore's FinTech Festival on Thursday he believes a social media platform to replace Twitt…
Whitney Cummings Joins OnlyFans — but for Subscriber-Only ‘Dirty Jokes,‘ Not Nude Pics (EXCLUSIVE)
OnlyFans has made billions as a haven for sex workers and models to monetize content. Can the subscription site for creators also become a place for outré, NSFW comedy? Comedian, actor and podcaster Whitney Cummings is joining OnlyFans and, under a pact with …
Opera premieres deep NFT analytics tool DegenKnows, releases NEAR, Elrond, and Fantom support in the Opera Crypto Browser
We’re excited to announce today a suite of new features including the integration of NEAR, Elrond, and Fantom in the Opera Crypto Browser as we solidify our status as an industry leader in Web3 innovation. Topping the list is the launch of DegenKnows.io, our …
‘Very Hard To Predict’—Binance CEO Reveals ‘90%’ Failure Rate Fear After $500 Million Elon Musk Twitter Bet Amid Bitcoin, Ethereum And Crypto Price Crash
The billionaire chief executive of bitcoin and crypto exchange Binance, Changpeng "CZ" Zhao, has said he expects 90% of new Twitter features to fail after investing $500 million in Musk's acquisition...
The Silent Quantum Threat To Web3 Cyber Resilience
If you are worried about DeFi’s war with cyber-hackers, take a deep breath. Quantum computing is coming and could render today’s digital cryptography used in DeFi and Web3 useless. When is the right time to start making Web3 quantum cyber-resilient if not now?
Market Wrap: Ether, Other Cryptos Rise Despite Unsettling Inflationary Concerns
Bitcoin was trading sideways but other major cryptos were solidly in the green despite a jumbo interest rate hike by the Bank of England and a dip in jobless claims. Market Wrap is CoinDesk’s daily newsletter diving into what happened in today's crypto market…