It's been a busy day in the news, with a wide range of topics covered. Let's take a look at some of the highlights.
Jony Ive on Life After Apple, Capitol Police Seek More Security for Lawmakers, Parkland Shooter to Get Life Without Parole
- Jony Ive on Life After Apple: The famed designer discusses his time at the company, his design philosophy, and his new venture.
- Brands to Pause Spending on Facebook Ads: In light of the social media giant's lackluster response to hate speech, major companies are rethinking their investment.
- Capitol Police Seek More Security for Lawmakers: Amidst increased threats of violence, law enforcement is requesting additional funding for protection.
- Partners Group Creates Business Division to Woo Wealthy Investors: The Swiss private equity firm is hoping to attract high-net-worth individuals with its new division.
- Boeing Lays Out Plan to Rebound From 737 MAX, Other Problems: The aerospace company is focused on fixing its issues and regaining customer trust.
- Chip Maker Qualcomm Sees Smartphone Slump Worsening: The semiconductor manufacturer is predicting a decline in demand for mobile devices.
- Parkland Shooter Nikolas Cruz Is Expected to Get Life Without Parole: The Florida school shooting suspect will likely spend the rest of his life in prison.
- Thousands Tell FAA to Fix Shrinking Airplane Seats: Passengers are concerned about the shrinking size of seats and the lack of legroom on airplanes.
- This Chip Sector Is a Diamond in the Rough: Despite some challenges, the semiconductor industry is still performing well.
- Fed Approves Fourth 0.75-Point Rate Rise, Hints at Smaller Hikes: The Federal Reserve raises interest rates for the fourth time this year, but signals that future increases may be less aggressive.
- LIST: The Celebs Leaving...: A list of celebrities who have announced they are leaving Hollywood in recent years.
- White Suburban Women Swing Right?: A look at the voting patterns of white suburban women and how they have changed over time.
- Netflix With Ads Launching as Talks Continue With Studios Over Content: Netflix is testing a new version of its service that includes ads, as it continues to negotiate with Hollywood studios over licensing fees.
Parkland Shooter Nikolas Cruz Is Expected to Get Life Without Parole
<ol><li>Parkland Shooter Nikolas Cruz Is Expected to Get Life Without Parole The Wall Street Journal </li><li>Watch live: Parkland shooter sentencing hearing continues USA TODAY </li><li>Parkland fireworks: Judge EXPLODES on Nikolas Cruz lawyer for bringi…
Thousands Tell FAA to Fix Shrinking Airplane Seats
<ol><li>Thousands Tell FAA to Fix Shrinking Airplane Seats The Wall Street Journal </li><li>Efforts underway to make airline seats larger again CBS 17 </li><li>Why Are Airline Seats So Small? Thousands Complain About Passenger Safety Bloomberg </li><li>…