Welcome to the October 27th edition of crypto news. Today, we've got stories on the approval of a blockchain firm to buy a Gibraltar exchange, the upcoming rate hike and earnings results, the ISBNdb dump, and more. So let's get started.
Is a Cryptocurrency Block Important?
- Blockchain firm Valereum gets approval to buy Gibraltar exchange: This blockchain firm has been approved to buy a cryptocurrency exchange in Gibraltar.
- US stocks drop, but notch best October ever as investors weigh upcoming rate hike against upbeat earnings results: US stocks have dropped recently, but they are still having their best October on record.
- ISBNdb dump – how many books are preserved forever?: With the ISBNdb dump, all books will be preserved forever.
- What Is a Cryptocurrency Block and Why Is It Important?: A cryptocurrency block is a digital record of all transactions that have taken place on a given network. It is important because it prevents fraud and double spending.
- 5 Key Considerations to Make When Choosing Your Favored Crypto DEX: When choosing a cryptocurrency exchange, there are a few key considerations to keep in mind.
- Transcript: Jeremy Siegel + Jeremy Schwartz: In this transcript, two financial analysts discuss the recent performance of the stock market.
- In True Halloween Form, Zombie Coins Just Won't Die: In the spooky spirit of Halloween, some "zombie coins" just won't die.
- Argo Blockchain Equity-Infusion Plan Collapses, Bringing Future Into Question: Argo Blockchain's equity-infusion plan has collapsed, raising questions about the company's future.
- Hong Kong’s Crypto-Friendly Plans Get Mixed Reviews From Billionaires And Industry Players: Hong Kong's plans to be friendly to the cryptocurrency industry have received mixed reviews.
- The Comeback Kid: Using The QR Code For Fan Engagement: The QR code is making a comeback and can be used for fan engagement.
- Three Reasons Why Social Savings Groups Are Vital For Increased Crypto Adoption In Africa: Social savings groups are important for increased crypto adoption in Africa for three reasons.
- 7 Reasons To Buy Property Overseas Right Now: There are seven reasons to buy property overseas right now.
- Hut 8: Energy Crisis, Ethereum Merge Slam Production By 25%: The energy crisis and Ethereum merge have caused production at Hut 8 to drop by 25%.
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Are Coming In From The Cold (Technical Analysis): Bitcoin and Ethereum are starting to rebound after a period of decline.
- CEF: This Dip Is A Gift: CEF believes that the recent dip in the stock market is a buying opportunity.
- Wall Street Breakfast: Eye On Commodities: In this Wall Street Breakfast, commodities are in the spotlight.
- Bitcoin Options Market Signals Bottom as Skews Climb to Zero: The bitcoin options market is signaling that a bottom may be in sight as the skew climbs to zero.
- Ether Sees Biggest Weekly Gain in 3 Months, ETH-BTC Rally to Continue: Ether has seen its biggest weekly gain in three months, and the ETH-BTC rally is expected to continue.
- End of the Monopoly: How Bitcoin Will Usher in a New Era of Governance in Crypto: Bitcoin will usher in a new era of governance in cryptocurrency.
- Upcoming Events Main Nav: This is a navigation menu for upcoming events.
- First Mover Americas: Ether's Breaking Out on Bullish Supply-Demand Picture: Ether is breaking out on a bullish supply-demand picture.
- Market Wrap: Dogecoin’s October Finale Trumps All Other Major Cryptos: Dogecoin's October performance has been better than all other major cryptocurrencies.
- First Mover Asia: Crypto Platform Freeway's Lack of Transparency Should Have Been a Red Flag: The lack of transparency at Crypto Platform Freeway should have been a red flag.
- Dogecoin Futures Rack Up Nearly $90M in Liquidations Over Weekend in Unusual Move: Dogecoin futures have racked up nearly $90M in liquidations over the weekend in an unusual move.
- Surging Popularity of Ethereum Staking Keeps Lid on Yields: The surging popularity of Ethereum staking is keeping yields low.
- Hong Kong Govt. Reconsiders Stance on Virtual Asset ETFs, Tokenised Securities, and Retail Investors: The Hong Kong government is reconsidering its stance on virtual asset ETFs, tokenized securities, and retail investors.
- Can Crypto Buy a Seat in Congress?: Cryptocurrency can buy a seat in Congress.
- On This White Paper Day, Remember What Satoshi’s Original Publication Is And What It Isn’t: On this white paper day, remember what Satoshi's original publication is and what it isn't.
- Bitcoin Songsheet: Bitcoin Maximalism Is The Continuation Of The Cypherpunk Ethic: Bitcoin maximalism is the continuation of the Cypherpunk ethic.
Blockchain firm Valereum gets approval to buy Gibraltar exchange
Blockchain company Valereum <a href="https://www.reuters.com/companies/6TJ.SG" target="_blank">(6TJ.SG)</a> said on Monday it has received regulatory approval to buy the Gibraltar Stock Exchange (GSX) and turn it into a gateway to European capital for fledgli…
Transcript: Jeremy Siegel + Jeremy Schwartz
The transcript from this week’s, MiB: The Jeremies! Schwartz and Siegel on SFTLR!, is below. You can stream and download our full conversation, including the podcast extras on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, Google, YouTube, and Bloomberg. All of our earlier…
Hong Kong’s Crypto-Friendly Plans Get Mixed Reviews From Billionaires And Industry Players
Hong Kong said that it would adopt a welcoming approach to digital assets on Monday as it seeks to regain its status as a global cryptocurrency hub, but the message received a mixed reaction from industry players, including billionaire Sam Bankman-Fried.