Welcome to our daily roundup of the biggest stories in the world of cryptocurrency and blockchain. Here are the top headlines from today.
Will Your Crypto Trading Lead To An IRS Audit?
- The Hong Kong government is considering allowing retail trade in cryptocurrencies.
- Blockchain firm Valereum has received approval to buy the Gibraltar Stock Exchange.
- Sam Bankman-Fried is reportedly planning to cash out up to $100 million of Twitter stock following the completion of Elon Musk's takeover of the company.
- US stocks fell on Thursday, but still posted their best October ever, as investors weighed the prospect of an upcoming interest rate hike against a stream of positive earnings results.
- Twitter employees are expecting layoffs as Elon Musk prepares to make "aggressive" cuts to the social media company's workforce.
- The Enneagram personality test can be used to predict your wealth potential.
- Inside Twitter's chaotic first weekend under Elon Musk's ownership.
- The Retargetable Compiler for the P4 Language is a tool that allows P4 programs to be compiled for different targets.
- 2023 is going to be a bad year for marketing, but there is hope.
- Kim Kardashian's new private equity firm will focus on social impact investing.
- Crypto high-frequency trading is a type of trading that uses algorithms to trade digital assets on behalf of a client.
- 5 key considerations to make when choosing your favored crypto DEX.
- A cryptocurrency block is a record of all the transactions that have taken place on the blockchain.
- The Hong Kong government wants to make the city a world-leading hub for virtual assets.
- Transcript of a conversation between Jeremy Siegel and Jeremy Schwartz.
- The United Nations has said that the use of cryptocurrencies in terror financing is likely to be on the rise.
- Zombie coins are digital assets that have been abandoned by their creators but continue to trade on exchanges.
- How Elon Musk caused dogecoin, shiba inu, and BNB to spike again on Monday.
- On another low-volatility day, here's why ChainLink is surging 6% higher.
- Reasons for Nvidia's stock fall today.
- Argo Blockchain's equity-infusion plan collapses, bringing the company's future into question.
- Will your crypto trading lead to an IRS audit?
- Hong Kong's crypto-friendly plans get mixed reviews from billionaires and industry players.
- Dogecoin and Musk to the moon.
- Three reasons why social savings groups are vital for increased crypto adoption in Africa.
- Institutional Defi: Corporate adoption in a post-merge world.
- Circle's SPAC partner looks to delay $9 billion acquisition of stablecoin issuer until 2023.
- Alt wants to help you diversify into alternative assets.
- systemd 252 is released with systemd-measure, other improvements.
Blockchain firm Valereum gets approval to buy Gibraltar exchange
Blockchain company Valereum <a href="https://www.reuters.com/companies/6TJ.SG" target="_blank">(6TJ.SG)</a> said on Monday it has received regulatory approval to buy the Gibraltar Stock Exchange (GSX) and turn it into a gateway to European capital for fledgli…
2023 is Going to be Bad for Marketing, But There’s Hope
If you just look at the data, it paints a very grim future for marketing… at least in the short run. For example, we may go into a global recession as the Federal Reserve continually increases interest rates and it has caused businesses to cut back. Especiall…
What to Expect From Kim Kardashian's New Private Equity Firm
Despite being "a girl with no talent," Kim Kardashian is quite good at making money. Her net worth, as it stands right now, according to Forbes, comes in at $1.8 billion — roughly the GDP of Belize. And it's steadily rising: It was $1 billion last year, and $…
Hong Kong wants to be the world’s home for virtual assets
The Capital of VA? Virtual assets have to live somewhere and HK thinks it has the regulation for it Hong Kong is trying to push its vision of a local virtual asset (VA) industry in the hopes of developing a new revenue stream for the country.…
Transcript: Jeremy Siegel + Jeremy Schwartz
The transcript from this week’s, MiB: The Jeremies! Schwartz and Siegel on SFTLR!, is below. You can stream and download our full conversation, including the podcast extras on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, Google, YouTube, and Bloomberg. All of our earlier…
Hong Kong’s Crypto-Friendly Plans Get Mixed Reviews From Billionaires And Industry Players
Hong Kong said that it would adopt a welcoming approach to digital assets on Monday as it seeks to regain its status as a global cryptocurrency hub, but the message received a mixed reaction from industry players, including billionaire Sam Bankman-Fried.
Circle’s SPAC Partner Looks To Delay $9 Billion Acquisition Of Stablecoin Issuer Until 2023
The potential postponement, the second since the deal for the USD Coin purveyor was announced in 2021, is for only seven weeks. However, any delay could lead to questions about the arrangement’s viability in the turbulent environment for blank-check purchases.