In today's news, we discuss the potential future of social media being subscription-based, the NFL's scoring decline being led by Brady and Rodgers, a $14 billion buyout deal between Blackstone and Emerson Electric, Ford's plans to offer severance to white-collar employees, Tilman Fertitta's stake in Wynn Resorts, and more.
Ford Looks to Offer Severance to White-Collar Employees It Deems Underperformers
- Social media platforms will increasingly rely on subscription models in the future in order to generate revenue.
- NFL scoring has declined in recent years, due in part to the success of quarterbacks Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers.
- Private equity firm Blackstone Group has struck a deal to buy out industrial conglomerate Emerson Electric for $14 billion.
- Automaker Ford is planning to offer severance packages to some of its white-collar employees who it believes are underperforming.
- Billionaire Tilman Fertitta has reported a 6% stake in casino operator Wynn Resorts.
- Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden is avoiding some battleground states in the final stretch of the midterm elections.
- Russia has launched a series of airstrikes across Ukraine, targeting infrastructure.
- Brazil's President-Elect Jair Bolsonaro has promised prosperity but faces economic challenges.
- The Federal Reserve has seen losses due to higher interest rates.
- Self-driving truck company TuSimple has fired its CEO Xiaodi Hou.
- Publishing giant Penguin Random House is standing by its decision to publish a book by Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett.
- Some users find Slack's notifications to be either easy to miss or overwhelming.
- A patient who received a pig's heart transplant took longer to generate a heartbeat than expected.
Blackstone, Emerson Electric Strike $14 Billion Buyout Deal
<ol><li>Blackstone, Emerson Electric Strike $14 Billion Buyout Deal - WSJ The Wall Street Journal </li><li>Emerson Electric to sell majority stake in climate tech unit to Blackstone Reuters </li><li>Emerson receive $9.5 billion upfront for sale of stake i…
Russia Launches Barrage of Strikes Across Ukraine, Targeting Infrastructure
<ol><li>Russia Launches Barrage of Strikes Across Ukraine, Targeting Infrastructure The Wall Street Journal </li><li>Russia launches massive missile strikes across Ukraine | DW News DW News </li><li>Russia's war in Ukraine: Live updates CNN </li><li>Exp…
Brazil's President-Elect Promises Prosperity but Faces Economic Perils
<ol><li>Brazil's President-Elect Promises Prosperity but Faces Economic Perils The Wall Street Journal </li><li>Brazil election: Lula da Silva wins presidency as nation swings left — will Bolsonaro accept the results? Fox News </li><li>Headlines for Octob…