Today's top headlines include Hong Kong's plan to legalize retail crypto trading, the Teleport creators raising $9 million to build a decentralized Uber rival on Solana, and wealthy millennials getting their money advice from TikTok and investing in crypto. Also in the news are the preparations for the OpenSSL 3.x secvuln, the best app to buy Dogecoin, and Elon Musk's potential to put more crypto into Twitter.
ClearBridge Large Cap Growth Strategy Q3 2022 Portfolio Manager Commentary
- Hong Kong plans to make changes to its legal system in order to allow for retail cryptocurrency trading, in an effort to become a leading global hub for the technology.
- Teleport, a decentralized Uber rival, has raised $9 million from investors to build its app on the Solana blockchain.
- Wealthy millennials are increasingly turning to TikTok for financial advice, and investing heavily in cryptocurrency.
- The OpenSSL project is releasing a new version with security fixes for a number of vulnerabilities.
- Dogecoin is a popular cryptocurrency, and there are a few different apps that allow you to buy and sell it.
- 10 Weekend Reads is a list of articles from around the web that are worth reading over the weekend.
- Elon Musk, the CEO of Tesla and SpaceX, has been a big supporter of cryptocurrency, and he could soon have a bigger impact on the industry if he takes over Twitter.
- The Saturday Asia Briefing is a weekly email that covers the latest news and developments from Asia.
- The Saturday UK Briefing is a weekly email that covers the latest news and developments from the UK.
- Apple has been criticized for its new policy on NFTs, which could have a negative impact on the Ethereum and Solana blockchains.
- 3 Green, Eco-Friendly Cryptos That Could Overtake Bitcoin is a list of environmentally friendly cryptocurrencies that could one day surpass Bitcoin in popularity.
- Warren Buffett, a well-known critic of cryptocurrency, may soon become a major investor in the space through a back door.
- The Big Banks Report Earnings and We Dig In is an analysis of the latest earnings reports from the major banks.
- Could Polygon Reach $3? is a question that is being asked by many in the cryptocurrency community, as the altcoin has seen a surge in recent months.
- Links 10/29/2022 is a list of links to articles from around the web that are worth reading.
- Huge Prediction Shows Bitcoin Could Rocket Sooner Than You Think After $2 Trillion Crypto And Ethereum Price Crash is a prediction that the cryptocurrency market will rebound strongly after a recent sell-off.
- Pension Funds Or Cryptocurrency, What’s The Bigger Scam? is a debate over which is a bigger scam: traditional pension funds or cryptocurrency.
- Here's Why Elon Musk's Twitter Takeover Is Big News For Crypto Investors is an article that discusses the potential implications of Elon Musk taking over Twitter.
- This Week’s Awesome Tech Stories From Around the Web (Through October 29) is a list of some of the best tech stories from around the web this week.
- The Jack Dorsey tweet NFT has further slumped in value, lowest bid stands at $1.62 is an update on the value of an NFT created by Jack Dorsey, which has been dropping.
- Earnings Bonanza As We Wait For The Fed is a list of some of the companies that are reporting earnings this week.
- ClearBridge Large Cap Growth Strategy Q3 2022 Portfolio Manager Commentary is a quarterly update from the portfolio manager of the ClearBridge Large Cap Growth Strategy.
- Week Ahead is a weekly email that covers the latest news and developments from the world of cryptocurrency.
- The 10 Lowest Risk High-Yield Blue Chips For This Recession is a list of the 10 safest high-yield stocks to buy during a recession.
- Generative Art NFTs Bring New Heat to Crypto Winter is a look at how generative art NFTs are bringing new life to the crypto market.
- Bitcoin Software Company Synonym Launches Bitkit, a Bitcon Wallet Powered by Slashtags Protocol is an announcement from Synonym, a bitcoin software company, about its new wallet.
- Bitcoin Is Here To Stay And Bitcoiners Aren’t Going Anywhere is an article about how the bitcoin community is here to stay.
- Digital Rights Could Be a Boon for Amazon, Alphabet, and Other Tech Companies is an analysis of how digital rights could benefit major tech companies.
- Brazil’s Democracy Is on the Brink and the Ballot is a look at how Brazil's democracy is being threatened.
- What Are Privacy Coins, And Why Are They Controversial? is a brief explanation of privacy coins and why they are controversial.
Hong Kong Plans To Legalize Retail Crypto Trading To Become Hub
An anonymous reader quotes a report from Bloomberg: Hong Kong is pivoting toward a friendlier regulatory regime for cryptocurrencies with a plan to legalize retail trading, contrasting with the city's skeptical stance of recent years and the ban in place in m…
Teleport Creators Raise $9 Million To Build Decentralized Uber Rival On Solana
The Decentralized Engineering Corporation (DEC) has raised $9 million in seed funding to create a decentralized ridesharing service on Solana -- a concept that's been theorized by Ethereum co-creator Vitalik Buterin and attempted by various startups over the …
How Elon Musk Could Put More Crypto Into Twitter
After months of dramatic back-and-forth, Elon Musk has taken control of Twitter Inc., igniting emotions ranging from hope to anxiety among users who are bracing themselves for how the billionaire will put his stamp on the social-media platform. Crypto Twitter…
This Week’s Awesome Tech Stories From Around the Web (Through October 29)
BIOTECHNOLOGY Neoplants Bioengineers Houseplants to Use Them as Air Purifiers Romain Dillet | TechCrunch “Neoplants targets specifically a group of indoor air pollutants that can’t be efficiently captured by traditional air purifiers. Most air purifiers focus…