The cryptocurrency world was dealt a blow today with the news that Bankrupt crypto lender Voyager's CFO is set to exit months after appointment. This follows an earlier Novel action against Ooki crypto collective which drew rebuke from commodities trading commissioner. Meanwhile, Kraken has no U.S. SEC registration plans, says incoming CEO.
The Fed's rate hike was just the beginning as banks around the world adjust policy
-Bankrupt crypto lender Voyager's CFO to exit months after appointment
- The CFO of the bankrupt crypto lender Voyager is set to exit the company just months after being appointed. This follows a string of bad news for the company, including the loss of its CEO and CFO, and the resignation of its chairman.
- Novel action against Ooki crypto collective draws rebuke from commodities trading commissioner
- The novel action taken against the Ooki crypto collective by the commodities trading commissioner has drawn rebuke from the group. The action, which includes a cease and desist order and a $1 million fine, is the first of its kind against a crypto group.
- Crypto exchange Kraken has no U.S. SEC registration plans, says incoming CEO
- Incoming CEO of the crypto exchange Kraken, Jesse Powell, has stated that the company has no plans to register with the U.S. SEC. This is in contrast to other major exchanges, who have all registered with the SEC.
- The Penthouse Suite: What Product-Market Fit Should Look like In Web3
- In this article, the author discusses what product-market fit should look like in Web3. The author argues that product-market fit is more important than ever in the decentralized world of Web3, and that companies should focus on creating products that meet the needs of the user.
- Pentagon Launches Effort To Assess Crypto's Threat To National Security
- The Pentagon has launched an effort to assess the threat that cryptocurrency poses to national security. The effort, which is being led by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, will focus on the potential use of cryptocurrency by terrorists and other adversaries.
- What is cryptocurrency? Here's what to know about this increasingly popular digital currency before getting involved
- This article provides an overview of cryptocurrency, discussing what it is, how it works, and its potential implications. The article also includes a discussion of the risks associated with investing in cryptocurrency.
- Dow plunges 485 points to hit new closing low for the year as interest rate and recession fears roil markets
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged 485 points on Friday, hitting a new closing low for the year, as fears of an interest rate hike and a possible recession roiled the markets. The Dow was down 2.2 percent for the week, and is now down 10 percent from its all-time high set in October.
- The Dow sheds 300 points and bond yields climb amid warnings about the global economy
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average shed 300 points on Monday, as bond yields climbed and warnings about the global economy mounted. The Dow was down 1.2 percent for the day, and is now down 9 percent from its all-time high set in October.
- The Fed's rate hike was just the beginning as banks around the world adjust policy
- The Federal Reserve's interest rate hike was just the beginning, as banks around the world have been adjusting their policy in response. The Bank of Japan has been selling yen and buying dollars, in an effort to weaken the yen. And the European Central Bank is expected to announce a new round of quantitative easing.
- Gone are the days of chunky bonuses and salary increases. Wall Street's top brass are ready to trim their workforces as annual staff cuts return.
- Wall Street's top executives are preparing for another round of annual staff cuts, as bonuses and salary increases dwindle. The cuts are expected to be across the board, with investment banking and trading being particularly hard hit.
- Human Capital
- In this article, the author discusses the importance of human capital in the current economy. The author argues that the current landscape favors those who have the skills and knowledge to be successful in the new economy.
- NFT firms say Apple rules make the App Store 'impossible'
- NFT firms say that the rules set by Apple make it impossible for them to sell their products on the App Store. The firms argue that the rules are unfair and that they are being discriminated against.
- 10 Friday AM Reads
- This article provides an overview of the 10 most popular articles on the website Friday AM Reads. The articles cover a variety of topics, including the economy, politics, and technology.
- Is Crypto a Big Scam?
- In this article, the author discusses the potential of cryptocurrency to become a big scam. The author argues that the lack of regulation and the volatile nature of the market make it a ripe target for scammers.
- Shareholders in Bankrupt Crypto Lender Celsius Seek 'Fiduciary'
- Shareholders in the bankrupt crypto lender Celsius are seeking a 'fiduciary' to represent their interests. The shareholders are concerned that the company's management is not acting in their best interests.
- Why Does Technology Still Fail to Root Out Abuse in Gaming?
Novel action against Ooki crypto collective draws rebuke from commodities trading commissioner
The U.S. Commodities Futures Trading Commission has devised a theory to prevent the decentralized, amorphous crypto collectives known as DAOs from capitalizing on their diffuse structure to evade liability.
Crypto exchange Kraken has no U.S. SEC registration plans, says incoming CEO
Cryptocurrency exchange Kraken has no plans to delist tokens the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has labeled as securities, or to register with the agency as a market intermediary, said incoming chief executive officer Dave Ripley on Thursday.
Pentagon Launches Effort To Assess Crypto's Threat To National Security
The military's innovation office is launching a sweeping review of cryptocurrencies to assess threats to national security and law enforcement posed by the rise of digital assets, the Washington Post reported Friday. From the report: The Defense Advanced Rese…
Gone are the days of chunky bonuses and salary increases. Wall Street's top brass are ready to trim their workforces as annual staff cuts return.
When dealmaking was on a tear everyone from junior analysts to big rainmakers commanded fat bonuses and salary increases. The script has flipped as the economy slows, and bank chief executives are ready to wield the ax on lower-performing staff.
NFT firms say Apple rules make the App Store 'impossible'
Startup and trading NFT firms say they ignore the App Store because Apple's rules, and 30% commission, make it untenable for them.The market value of NFTs — non-fungible token firms — has been affected by the volatile value of cryptocurrency. So startup and t…
32 Indians trapped in Myanmar’s Myawaddy area rescued, efforts on to help others: MEA
"Fraudulent IT companies seem to be operating through agents in Dubai, Bangkok and India, and are recruiting Indian workers on the pretext of employment opportunities in Thailand in the IT sector there," Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Arindam Bagch…
Nvidia Stock Is Ready To Rumble With RTX 40 Series And H100 GPUs
Nvidia had a big week with GTC 2022 and management is clearly ready to rumble against any excess inventory from crypto mining. The negative catalyst from crypto mining and Nvidia's price action is eerily similar to Q4 '18/Q1 '19. There are a few key reasons N…
Are U.S. Crypto Regulators Staking Out Territory Via Enforcement Actions?
As regulatory enforcement actions unfold between the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), the latter just subtly claimed Ethereum (ETH) and DAI, a stablecoin backed by other crypto tokens, as digital co…
The Queens Of Crypto: BFF’s Brit Morin And Jaime Schmidt
The crypto company recently launched several new initiatives to continue their mission of expanding access to education, including a free newsletter written by journalist Caroline Fairchild and the Belonging and Mattering Council, a diverse group of individua…