Today's news features a variety of stories related to the world of cryptocurrency and the stock market. In particular, there are reports on the proposed measures by the Singapore central bank on crypto trading and stablecoins, as well as the challenges faced by Twitch, a popular livestreaming platform. Additionally, there are stories on the poor performance of ProShares' bitcoin futures fund and the Celsius crypto collapse.
The Celsius Crypto Collapse Explained: How Much Did Users Lose?
- The Monetary Authority of Singapore has proposed new regulations on crypto trading and stablecoins
- Twitch is a livestreaming platform that is at a crossroads
- Andreessen Horowitz is a venture capital firm that went all in on crypto at the worst possible time
- US stocks are mixed, with the Nasdaq and S&P 500 snapping 3-day win streaks on weak tech earnings
- ProShares' bitcoin futures fund burned through a record $1.2 billion of investors' money over its first year, a report says
- A man known as the "crypto king" is nearly arrested twice after refusing to hand over a diamond-studded Rolex and Audi in a bankruptcy proceeding
- Stock market news live updates: Tech titans lead stocks down after weak earnings
- Gary Gensler is a former regulator who is being considered for a role in the Biden administration
- Beth Pinsker is a journalist who writes about personal finance
- The Celsius crypto collapse is explained: how much did users lose?
- Google reports its slowest revenue growth in nearly 10 years
- Lawmakers trip over privacy and security of digital dollar
- A year ago, Matt Damon suggested investing in crypto; here's how much money you would have lost if you took his advice
- Top cryptocurrencies Cardano, Solana and Polkadot are rising today
- Ethereum Classic and Lido staked Ether are surging today
- Silvergate Capital stock had a wacky Wednesday
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Dogecoin are rising today
- Alphabet's ad business slows to a trickle; is it time to sell?
- Visa reports fourth quarter earnings
- Alphabet reports third quarter earnings
- US stocks trade mixed as hotly anticipated mega-cap tech earnings get off to a weak start
- Elon Musk's idea of "free speech" will help ruin America, Twitter is already a graveyard, and Bitcoin represents a new hope for youthful investors
- Crypto specific accounting is coming - what FASB announcements mean for investors
- The Biden administration wants to make it easier to seize crypto without criminal charges
- Will crypto brokers cash out the donation wallets intended for the Russian military?
- Tornado Cash sanctions by US Treasury draw outrage and suits from crypto community
- Regulators increase their power over crypto but with little to show for it
Twitch was the big name in livestreaming – now it’s at a crossroads
After streamer complaints of a toxic community culture, slashes in earnings and an unsustainable work model, what next for the Amazon-owned site?<ul><li>Don’t get TechScape delivered to your inbox? Sign up here</li></ul>Twitch is having a rough time. The live…
Andreessen Horowitz Went All In on Crypto at the Worst Possible Time
As cryptocurrency prices soared last year, no investor bet more on the sector than Andreessen Horowitz. The timing wasn't good. From a report: The storied venture-capital firm had developed a reputation as Silicon Valley's greatest crypto bull, thanks largely…
'Crypto king' nearly arrested twice after refusing to hand over diamond-studded Rolex, Audi in bankruptcy proceeding
<ol><li>'Crypto king' nearly arrested twice after refusing to hand over diamond-studded Rolex, Audi in bankruptcy proceeding CTV News Toronto </li><li>'Crypto King' narrowly avoids arrest by handing over cellphones to bankruptcy proceeding CBC.ca </li><li…
Stock market news live updates: Tech titans lead stocks down after weak earnings
<ol><li>Stock market news live updates: Tech titans lead stocks down after weak earnings Yahoo Canada Finance </li><li>Tech giants disappoint — and they're dragging the index down with them Financial Post </li><li>Alphabet’s Quarterly Earnings No Longer a…
Google Reports Slowest Revenue Growth In Nearly 10 Years via @sejournal, @MattGSouthern
Shares of Google-parent Alphabet are down sharply after the company's latest earnings report reveals the slowest quarter for revenue growth in almost a decade. The post Google Reports Slowest Revenue Growth In Nearly 10 Years appeared first on Search Engine …
Why Elon Musk’s Idea of “Free Speech” Will Help Ruin America
After months of legal wrangling, Elon Musk’s bid to buy Twitter appears to finally be going through. Musk and the right see this as a great thing, because it will restore “free speech” to Twitter. Any suggestion that the sort of “free speech” they envision ca…
Will Crypto Brokers Cashout The Donation Wallets Intended For The Russian Military?
A release of a months-long analysis of 3348 Russian-speaking Telegram channels resulted in finding 336 donation cryptocurrency wallets that continue to raise money for the Russian military and trace their flows to financial institutions. Will the institutions…
Regulators Increase Their Power Over Crypto But With Little To Show For It
Ripple is one of many users of XRP on a decentralized ledger, but the SEC sued Ripple by claiming every transaction involving XRP dating back to 2013 was an unregistered securities trade as part of an investment contract in Ripple.