In today's news, we have an update on the Jan. 6th Capitol Hill insurrection hearings, details on a new lawsuit against Donald Trump, and a preview of the upcoming Space Force budget proposal.
Trump ally Tom Barrack on trial, foreign agent claims: 'Nothing short of ridiculous
- Jan. 6 committee and Ginni Thomas reach agreement for testimony: The two sides have reached an agreement for Thomas to testify before the committee about the events of January 6.
- Trump: I could declassify documents by thinking about it: Trump says he could declassify documents related to the Russia investigation by simply thinking about it.
- Blinken, Lavrov come face-to-face at U.N. Security Council showdown: The two diplomats come face-to-face at a U.N. Security Council meeting, with Blinken calling on Russia to de-escalate the situation in Ukraine.
- Zelenskyy vows Ukraine will win as Russia redoubles effort: Ukrainian President Zelenskyy vows that his country will win its conflict with Russia, as the latter redoubles its military efforts.
- The third rail Republicans can’t stop touching: The Republican Party keep having to deal with the issue of Trump, even though they would rather not.
- Mike Braun likely running for Indiana governor in 2024: Indiana Senator Mike Braun is likely to run for governor in 2024.
- Dem strongholds beg the White House for help with migrants: Some Democratic Party strongholds are begging the White House for help with the migrant crisis.
- ‘Nothing short of ridiculous’: Trump ally Tom Barrack rejects foreign agent claims as trial opens: Trump ally Tom Barrack rejects claims that he was a foreign agent, calling the accusations "ridiculous."
- A peek inside the Trump real estate in Tish James' bombshell lawsuit: The Tish James lawsuit against Donald Trump gives a peek inside the president's real estate empire.
- Financial fraud charges against Trump puts light on abusive tax scheme: The financial fraud charges against Trump shine a light on his abusive tax scheme.
- ‘He knows how to play the victim card perfectly’: Why Trump’s legal woes only make him stronger: Trump's legal woes actually make him stronger, because he knows how to play the victim card.
- Treasury and State sanction Iran over woman’s death in custody of Morality Police: The U.S. Treasury and State Departments sanction Iran over the death of a woman in the custody of the Morality Police.
- House GOP cuts loose candidate who misled about military service: The House Republican Party cuts ties with a candidate who misled people about his military service.
- Atlantic Canada braces for Fiona: ‘It’s going to hit us in the face.’: Atlantic Canada prepares for Hurricane Fiona, which is expected to hit the region hard.
- Dem Senate candidates posted best online fundraising month in August: Democratic Party Senate candidates had their best online fundraising month in August.
- 5 juiciest takeaways from the Tish James lawsuit against Donald Trump: The five juiciest takeaways from the Tish James lawsuit against Donald Trump.
- House and Senate Democrats prepare resolutions to oppose local book bans: The House and Senate Democratic Caucuses prepare resolutions to oppose local book bans.
- Caruso and Bass duel over LA corruption, crime and homelessness in mayor debate: The two candidates for Los Angeles mayor debate over the issues of corruption, crime, and homelessness.
- Top Meta exec Clegg to decide whether to reinstate Trump on Facebook: The head of Facebook's policy department will decide whether to reinstate Donald Trump on the platform.
- Special master calls for help in Trump Mar-a-Lago documents fight: A special master in the court case over Trump's Mar-a-Lago documents calls for help in the dispute.
- Tish James fundraising appeal vows she will 'never be bullied' as attacks from Trump, Cuomo mount: Tish James' fundraising appeal vows that she will never be bullied, as attacks from Donald Trump and Andrew Cuomo mount.
- Alex Jones testifies in trial over his Sandy Hook hoax lies: Alex Jones testifies in his trial over his lies about the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.
- House GOP leaders don't roll out their policy agenda until Friday. But we have all their slides with details on the "Commitment to America" blueprint.: The House Republican leaders' policy agenda includes a commitment to America blueprint.
- Trump vs. James — and Pelosi vs. Raskin: Two pairs of people are going up against each other, with Trump vs. James and Pelosi vs. Raskin.
- Senate moves forward to fund government despite snags over Manchin's energy plan: The Senate moves forward to fund the government despite disagreements over Manchin's energy plan.
- Schumer 2.0: How a surprise same-sex marriage decision explains the Senate leader: A surprise same-sex marriage decision explains some of Senate Majority Leader Schumer's recent actions.
- LIV Golf may need a mulligan on Capitol Hill: The golf company LIV Golf may need
House GOP leaders don't roll out their policy agenda until Friday. But we have all their slides with details on the "Commitment to America" blueprint.
<ol><li>House GOP leaders don't roll out their policy agenda until Friday. But we have all their slides with details on the "Commitment to America" blueprint. POLITICO </li><li>McCarthy 'Committment to America' includes fighting inflation, border security, …