It's been a busy day in the world of news and finance, with plenty of headlines to catch up on. Here are some of the biggest stories from the past 24 hours.
Why Trading Is Essential for Crypto
- Freeway, a crypto platform that promised 43% returns, has halted withdrawals
- US stocks extend rally while top tech firms prepare to report earnings
- The Dow soars 400 points as US stocks add to last week's rally ahead of top tech earnings
- Tesla reports $170 million loss in failed Bitcoin investment
- A guide for getting started with self-hosting
- You can now pre-order the Essential Phone's spiritual successor
- Is October crypto's great pumpkin?
- Your evening briefing: Xi's power grab spurs historic market rout
- SoftBank-backed Jellysmack bets millions on Asia's next influencers
- Today's price action suggests enthusiasm around Ethereum may be far from overdone
- Why shares of Bitcoin mining company Canaan are plunging today
- The Elon Musk-Twitter saga could finally be coming to an end
- Documentary+ streamer sets new slate of originals including 'Crypto Farmers' & 'Mala Onda'
- Serious security: you can't beat the house at blackjack - or can you?
- The Sims creator's next project is a blockchain game
- Three reasons why we must have more female founders in the crypto industry
- Three present-day barriers to women owning and participating in the crypto industry
- The 10 spookiest things in blockchain to keep you awake this Halloween
- Checks & balances: billionaires backing North Carolina election denier, Trump super PAC shells out
- Fire sale! China's "Warren Buffett" races to sell assets
- The Better Business Bureau warns to watch out for QR code scams
- L'Oréal and Meta launch metaverse startup accelerator
- Daily Dozen | Forbes: Musk's lost $100 billion; super app outage; increased executive stress
- How Berkshire Hathaway can benefit from rising interest rates
- How crypto traders are weathering the bear market
- First mover Americas: Bitcoin, Ether flat at start of busy earnings week, Dogecoin-linked token soars
- Robinhood's crypto customers can now trade Aave and Tezos
- Why trading is essential for crypto
- Market wrap: Bitcoin holds its perch over $19K and is likely to continue trading in its current narrow range
Freeway, Crypto Platform That Promised 43% Returns, Halts Withdrawals
Freeway, a UK-based crypto platform that promised annual returns up to a mind-boggling 43%, halted withdrawals on Sunday, according to a notice published to the company’s website. Freeway’s native cryptocurrency, which goes by the ticker FWT, plummeted 74% fo…
You can now pre-order the Essential Phone’s spiritual successor
Solana Labs has announced the specs of its upcoming phone, the Saga, which is currently available for pre-order and is expected to launch in 2023. The post You can now pre-order the Essential Phone’s spiritual successor first appeared on Phandroid.
Documentary+ Streamer Sets New Slate Of Originals Including ‘Crypto Farmers’ & ‘Mala Onda’
EXCLUSIVE: Documentary+, the free streaming service launched by non-fiction studio XTR, has launched its latest slate of original feature docs. The service is launching three new films in October and November in addition to The Sentence of Michael Thompson, w…
The Sims Creator’s Next Project Is a Blockchain Game
Wright says he's not interested in NFTs, but that technology is a core part of the project, and that could make his planned VoxVerse virtual world a tough sell. The post The Sims Creator’s Next Project Is a Blockchain Game appeared first on ExtremeTech.
Three Present-Day Barriers To Women Owning And Participating In The Crypto Industry
In 2016, there were less than 5% of women owning or working in the crypto industry. This shocked me as much as it drew me to the space, as I had a strong conviction that I needed to be part of this budding industry. There are barriers keeping the numbers low …
Fire Sale! China’s “Warren Buffett” Races To Sell Assets
The debt crisis that roiled China’s real estate market has spread to one of the country’s largest conglomerates. Fosun, owner of an English Premier league soccer team, Portugal’s largest bank and Club Med, can no longer raise capital so it must sell off asset…
Market Wrap: Bitcoin Holds Its Perch Over $19K and Is Likely to Continue Trading in Its Current Narrow Range
BTC, ether and most other major cryptos have been trading in a narrow band as investors mull over macroeconomic uncertainties; veteran trader Peter Brandt says that crypto investors are “just tired.” Market Wrap is CoinDesk’s daily newsletter diving into what…